Time Factor connection issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor connection issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jesch

Hello,

After connecting TimeFactor for the first time without problem to a PC on Windows 7, I can no longer connect it again.

I tried USB and midi via different cables or interfaces but it does not work.

Here are the error messages that appear.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremie

tstern
      Eventide Staff

I can only see one of your error messages, but based on that:

Do you see the Timefactor in your Device Manager window?  It should be under the "Audio Devices" category.

Do you know what software version your Timefactor is running?  Some of the older software versions that came out before H9 Control was released need to be updated with Eventide Direct Updater before they can be used with H9 Control.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Also, make sure you only connect one of MIDI or USB. They should not both be connected.

Jesch

I installed the latest firmware the only time I was able to connect the unit.

When the unit is connected via USB, the computer sees it as an “unknow device”.

Regarding the Midi and the usb, I try many ways, and I browsed the forum and many others before asking my question.

gtjorge
      Participant

Hello, I can’t find the option to download the time factor firmware, do you know where?

Hello, I can’t find the option to download the time factor firmware, do you know where?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/688/installers

Direct Updater can be downloaded here for uodating your TimeFactor.

After TimeFactor is updated to the latest version, you can download H9 Control and use it to control/manage your TimeFactor

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Jesch wrote:

I installed the latest firmware the only time I was able to connect the unit.

When the unit is connected via USB, the computer sees it as an "unknow device".

Regarding the Midi and the usb, I try many ways, and I browsed the forum and many others before asking my question.

TimeFactor can only work with H9 Control if it is updated to the latest firmware. You would need to update your TimeFactor with the Direct Updater, which is bundle with the H9 Control app.

If your TimeFactor already has the latest firmware, the problem could be because of MIDI device names. H9 Control remembers a faulty/problomatic name of a MIDI device and tries to connect to it everytime it opens up. You can try "Reset Settings" in the Settings page and click "Reset all settings". Now connect your TimeFactor to your PC via USB and open H9 Control again. Let me know if that works.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.