Time Factor glitchy

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor glitchy

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by nickrose
    Eventide Staff
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Legnano
      Participant

Hi everyone, I just inherited a Time Factor yesterday and it sounds amazing, but . . .  it has this intermittent problem where random numbers and letters start flashing across the LCD and the preset I’m using changes to another unidentified setting with different parameters, but unstable so that the sound keeps changing.

Then a minute later it sounds fine.  When it starts glitching if I put it into bypass then comeback to the preset it is better for a moment then starts the craziness again.

Any ideas?  thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like a bad internal connection. If it is under warranty you should send it in.

If it is not and you are handy, you could open it up and wiggle internal connections, otherwise support@eventide.com

Legnano
      Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I presume the pedal is out of warranty since it is at least 10 years old.  Is there a particular part of the pedal’s guts that would be a likely place to look for a loose connection?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Most likely candidate is the ribbon cable between the top and bottom boards.

Legnano
      Participant

Thanks!  I opened it up and found the ribbon cable which seemed to be pretty securely connected, so I just pressed down on it to make sure.  The other side of the cable goes beneath a foil film.  I was nervous about removing that film and then possibly having trouble affixing back – is there anything I should know about that?  Thanks again,

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry. I think at this point you have to make a choice between doing it yourself or sending it in.

If I had it in front of me, I could tell you what was wrong with it. But, that is why you would send it in.

It’s ten years old – consider making a small investment in it. Or not.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.