Time Factor > H9 Control = Communication error!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor > H9 Control = Communication error!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      DbassMasta
      Participant

Hello,

Time Factor USB (test with MIDI too) v. 5.2.0[6] > H9 Control 3.7.0 (soft v 5.4.0) – Windows 7 (test with W 8.1 too)

Eventide Direct Updater recongnizes my Stompbox (USB and MIDI), my DAW recongnizes my Stompbox (MIDI), even (the old) FactorLib recongnizes my Stompbox (USB and MIDI) BUT NOT H9 Control.

I read on the forum the same problem as many users, so I try to reinstall the firmware and reset the parameters, the software etc. several times…

It doesn’t worked, then it worked few days (so I kept the same parameters), but since 10 days it doesn’t work again.

It seems your software is unstable, not developped for your (old) stompbox.

Very disappointed…

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Please try reinstall the latest H9 Control application. How did it not connect to the app? Did it just have no reponse or some communication error?

DbassMasta
      Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the questions which I answered in advance in my first message…

DbassMasta wrote:

Time Factor > H9 Control = Communication error!

so I try to reinstall the firmware and reset the parameters, the software etc. several times…

I still looked for hours to finally understand that I had to set the Time Factor to MIDI / SYS ID = 1

The problem is that with FactorLib, the Time Factor had to be set to 4 (1 to 3 was for the Mod Factor).

It is for this reason that it worked then no longer worked for me, during my attempts to configure or my resets.

The manual is not explicit about it, it says “This should normally be left at 1.

We cannot guess that the communication problem with the H9 comes from there; especially when English is not our original language.

I suggest you put this point in the FAQ, and / or in the answers you make in the forum.

Regards.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – when the manual says ""This should normally be left at 1." – it means it.

Sympathy for language isues, but it seems somewhat understandable.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.