Time Factor melt down. HELP

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor melt down. HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      shaunbennett

Hi,

I'm in a major pickle. I have a Time Factor that I use for all of my delays live and it's just gone on the fritz. 2 days ago, out of the blue, my middle footswitch stopped working. When I press the middle footswitch to try and engage the preset, nothing happens. I just updated the firmware to the latest release and nothing changed. 

Has anyone else had this problem before? Has the switch gone bad? 

Thanks,

Shaun

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We have had occasional switch issues. You could try some DIY, or contact support@eventide.com

guitarstar81

What's the DIY procedure for this? I've had the exact same issue, the middle footswitch intermittently failing. I don't have a lot of down time to send it to Eventide, but I'm good around the insides of pedals/amps. I've just been hesitant to crack open a pedal as expensive as these are. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Obviously, the recommended approach is to return it to Eventide, especially if it is still under warranty..

Otherwise, the problem will be one of the following:

1) A broken switch. Hard to fix. Contact support@eventide.com and plead for a replacement.

2) Some dirt in the switch. Cleaning may help.

3) Bad soldering of the switch. Fixable.

4) A mechanical issue – may be fixable.

OTAMASTERAVATAR
      Participant

HI MY FRIENDS!!!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE MIDDLE SWITCH ( SOMETIME SHOOT… SOMETIME NOT) BUT  I´M LIVING IN VENEZUELA.. I BOUGTH LAST JANUARY AND WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE GARANTY IF I TRY FIXED MYSELF…?    THANK YOU!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Strictly speaking, opening the box will void the warranty – but I imagine we'll be sympathetic as long as you are careful ..

billcburgess

This happened to me also. I have a 3x momentary switch pedal and a stereo cable, both of which are working. I have the v 2.4.2[1] update.

I was able to tap tempo with the external FS before and after the update, but now suddenly it will not do it, I initialized and tried the 2 different ways of programming AUX SW (manual and learn) – several times.

I also want to point out that I have never been able to change presets and tap tempo both with an external FS. I have exchanged emails with the good folks at Eventide going back a couple years; nothing I've tried has worked. Too bad, it would be nice to have 2 to 4 tweaked presets to go back and forth between and also be able to sync the delay with the tune.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.