Time Factor mono to Stereo routing

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor mono to Stereo routing

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      nicklaus_rohrbach
      Participant

Hello !

I’m using the Time Factor with 1 amplifier and 2 guitar effects lines for 1 guitar.
      So the guitar signal is split (dynamically with a stereo crossfade pedal) so as to feed the 2 effects lines.
      The 2 effects lines get processed seperately in the Time Factor and fed to the left output to the Amplifier.

It all works fine when the preset is on BUT when bypassed, I only get one line (the first) to the output.
      I would like the two inputs to be merged when bypassed as well.

I’ve read the manual a hundred times but could not find the info as how to do that (or IF I can do that)

Does somebody know how to achieve that ?

Thanks a lot !

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Sorry, the TimeFactor will not sum the stereo inputs to a mono output when the pedal is bypassed. As a work around, you could adjust the mix value to 0 instead of bypassing the pedal, and this will preserve the mono summed signal.

nicklaus_rohrbach
      Participant

Thanks

But it’ not gonna work for me

I need the unit to work as a Stomp Box (which it is) meaning I want to bypass the effects using the footswitch while I’m playing – I’m not gonna move some knob on the floor 🙂

I’m gonna try to sum both outputs with a Y cable.
      I’ll tell you if that works

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

A Y-cable is not the best way to sum a stereo output pair. You’ll want a device that properly sums the stereo output to a mono signal.

Alternatively, you can get an aux switch or expression pedal and map that to the mix control.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.