time factor – reset firmware

Home Forums Products Stompboxes time factor – reset firmware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bucks4
      Participant

hello all. i was undertaking the new version 5 software update and the H9 update software crashed during the update on my mac, after the erase portion of the update procedure,  now the H9 software and the other updater software does not see the time factor. so is there a way to restore the firmware, i now have a dead blank time factor. cheers all. 

gkellum
      Participant

Is your TimeFactor in update mode?  If you put the TimeFactor in update mode, then I assume the updater will find it.  You'll want to turn the TimeFactor off and then on again with the middle footswitch pressed to put it in update mode, and then open the updater.  

The kind of problem that you've described — where the update fails in the middle — almost always can be fixed by updating the software responsible for performing the updates first and then applying the update.  I walked another user through that process in this forum thread: http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9492.aspx.  Do you have access to a Windows PC?  Because it would be preferable to try this process with the Windows application I posted on that other thread. But if you don't, the same basic process can be done on Mac with the update software that you've already been using.  Let me know if you'd like instructions for doing this on Mac and if the updating software on Mac now finds your stompbox after booting it into update mode.

timhuizenga

Hello, I was in the process of updating software on my TimeFactor adn no matter what version i try to load, v5.2.0, or 3.5.0 it fails the update at 32% it gives th message Error Ocurred!! it then says Restorng Device, please wait (this may take a while)…  then after 5 sec it says Update Transfered! the pedal shows a random pattern of lights on the main display, if I reboot it it appears to be booting up but then comes up completely blank and unresponzive. I am able to boot it in Update mode, but i get the same result every time i try another update. ive tried it on a Macbook Pro and a windows laptop, same on both.

gkellum
        Participant
        timhuizenga wrote:

Hello, I was in the process of updating software on my TimeFactor adn no matter what version i try to load, v5.2.0, or 3.5.0 it fails the update at 32% it gives th message Error Ocurred!!

Ok, please send an email to support@eventide.com about this problem.  We can send you an alternative updater that hopefully will work for you, and we may want to have you update the actual software on your TimeFactor that handles the updating process.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘time factor – reset firmware’ is closed to new replies.