TIME FACTOR switches problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TIME FACTOR switches problem

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      pakkralj

I have a problem with the three switches on my time factor.

When I press on any of them nothing happens or it happens with a large delay.

It looks to me more like a software problem rather then a malfunctioning of the switches.

I tried to disconnect the power and restart the pedal but the problem is still there.

I certainly cannot go on stage like this tomorrow…!

Anyone have a similar problem? I run the software Version 3 beta, the Time Factor has only few months and is tied on a pedalboard, always kept in a flightcase, never seen the rain, clean, dry, safe, properly powered ecc.

I'm very very disappointed.

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try a CLEAR SETUP. If this fails, backup your presets if necessary/possible, then try a full restore. See UM p.41.

If this fails, contact support@eventide.com

pakkralj

Thanks but … that sounds to me like a lot of work.

Just now one minute ago I was rehearsing at home and it happened again and at lest now I know what is the cause for it: with the intention to change the bank I hit the swith n 3 (the opne on the right) and accidentally I press also the rotary swith on the top right Fdbk B. That's what's triggering the problem!   So, there was supposed maybe to be a function   in pressing the Fdbk B   in play mode? Maybe I am not aware of it, and if there is one maybe is not really  safe one, in the sense that is easy to accidentally press any of the top rotary buttons causing a disaster on stage. Maybe I'm just a cave man but it happened to me already many times…

Any suggestions? (besides wearing cindarella shoes n 45 🙂

pakkralj

now I know what's triggering te problem. is accidentally hitting  the top right button Fdbk B… There is maybe a function hidden in doing that?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You might want to try setting CATCHUP to ON – this will give you some protection against accidentally hit knobs. See TF UM p.40.

pakkralj

Yeah, I got that on … but try to press Fdbk B for a sec…

pakkralj

Would be nice to have a more stable software

pakkralj

Finally I found the time to try your suggested solution and it worked really well.

Also I realized the new official Version 3 software is out to I upgraded that too and is great!

Problem solved.

Thanks

pakkralj

I keep having problems with the switches freeze. I uprgraded the software to the latest version 3, backed up the presets, did a CLEAR SETUP, it looked allright for few days but yesterday night I was on stage with the band and at certain point during a song I pressed  a switch in play mode to change a preset and immediatelly realized that all the three switches where frozen. So at the end of the song I disconnected the power from the back and re-connected and then it worked fine for the rest of the night. Not a nice experience because I feel now I cannot trust to this machine. What shall I do? Thanks  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like you have a hardware problem of some kind (although not one we know). If it continues, contact support@eventide.com

norman pena
      Participant

Any solution to this problem? Mine is unfortunately freezing too

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.