Time Factor – Type B port USB converter to Bluetooth

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time Factor – Type B port USB converter to Bluetooth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jodacrocker

I want to know if it is possible to used a converter from USB Type B port to bluetooth, in order to connect the TimeFactor wireless to the tablet or celphone with H9 Software.

Someone have tried this?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry, no.

To drive the Bluetooth requires a huge amount of software, which a product developed before Bluetooth existed does not have.

jodacrocker

This will be a really good upgrade for the next SW release.

Eventide could sell the converter for bluetooth as accessory for StompBoxes.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Actually, if you want to use your TF as a Bluetooth LE peripheral, Yamaha makes/used to make a DIN plugin (MD-BT01) which should do it. Haven't tried it, however.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Look on eBay – there are lots of them. But, it does seem to be discontinued, which makes it a bit experimental.

You will also need to make sure that your unit supplies MIDI power – see post at top of Stompboxes column.

jodacrocker
      nickrose wrote:

Actually, if you want to use your TF as a Bluetooth LE peripheral, Yamaha makes/used to make a DIN plugin (MD-BT01) which should do it. Haven't tried it, however.

I look for Yamaha MD-BT01, but I can’t find this available.

I througth that Eventide needs to see the impact of Port Type B to Bluetooth converter.

This will take the Eventide stompboxes to the next level.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.