Time factor volume drop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Time factor volume drop

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wooly84

Hi guys

Okay I play my time factor through a gigrig pro 14
      I notice when I use the unit there is a significant volume drop from when I use bare overdrive and reverb to using overdrive time factor and reverb
      This happens with my fuzz and my distortion also
      Is there a way to boost the output level of the unit
      Thanks

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Wooly84 wrote:
      Hi guys Okay I play my time factor through a gigrig pro 14 I notice when I use the unit there is a significant volume drop from when I use bare overdrive and reverb to using overdrive time factor and reverb This happens with my fuzz and my distortion also Is there a way to boost the output level of the unit Thanks

If you play guitar, make sure the level switches on the back panel are "Guitar" and "Amp". Also, you can set the output level for each preset and set the input level globally.

Copied from the manual:

Setting Preset Output Level

To set Preset Output Level in PLAY Mode, hold down the Left Footswitch for 2 seconds. This puts the unit into Preset O/P Level Adjust Mode. While the Footswitch is pressed and held, the display will show “OP 0dB” (default). While continuing to hold the footswitch down, you can optionally turn the Encoder Knob to adjust Preset Output Level from -30dB to +20dB in 1dB increments. Preset must be saved to store this setting.

To set Preset Output Level in BANK Mode, press and hold the active Footswitch (the one corresponding to the loaded preset).

Monitoring Input Level

To make it easier to control input noise (hiss), we have added an input signal level monitor. To access the meter, make sure the TimeFactor is in PLAY Mode. Press and hold both the Left and Right Footswitches. A vertical bar will appear in the middle display, and a meter will light from left to right when there is an input signal present. For best signal-to-noise performance, each input signal peak should go past the bar in the middle. If it does not, it indicates that the input level is on the low side. In this case, a buffer or preamp should be used to boost the input level.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.