TimeFactor and MIDI Clock

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor and MIDI Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dtirer

So I just got a midi switching system and I need to sync up a few pedals tempo wise.

So here's what Im wondering:

Lets say i send a program change to the TimeFactor from my midi controller.  The program change tell the TimeFactor to load a specific bank-patch.  That patch has a specific tempo.  If I in turn want the TimeFactor to send that tempo out as midi clock via the midi out, how do I do that?

Also if I wanted to the TimeFactor to send that tempo out of the midi out as CC messages, is that possible?

achaput

Hello,

In the MIDI menu of System mode, set CLK OUT to ON. Then the TimeFactor will transmit MIDI clock of the tempo saved in any preset.

You can connect an aux switch to TimeFactor and have that transmit MIDI CC messages. If the device you're transmitting to can interpret those messages as tempo, then you should be able to tap MIDI tempo on the aux switch.

dack

Note that due to a bug in the current firmware, the MIDI clock tempo out of the TimeFactor will not change when you change presets. You need to tap the tempo again for it to change.

dtirer

wow, is that really true??

If so, that makes this pedal pretty useless for me.

Can I use an older version of the software and be ok?

alexworkman
      Participant

Here are a few videos that show this bug. Any help would be appreciated.

https://vimeo.com/32542838
      https://vimeo.com/32543006

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

dack:

the MIDI clock tempo out of the TimeFactor will not change when you change presets

This will be fixed in the next release, due in the New Year.

satl

Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed yet?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.