TimeFactor Billboard Display – Replacement of Dot-Matrix Modules?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Billboard Display – Replacement of Dot-Matrix Modules?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bender

I picked up a used TimeFactor a couple of months ago, and there are a few ‘dots’ in the billboard display that don’t work.  Functionality of the pedal is fine, and I can’t justify the expense of sending it in for repair for something so minor; however, it is kind of annoying, and I’d like to explore the possibility of repairing it myself.

When I remove the top plate of the pedal, I can see that the billboard is comprised of four 5×7 3-mm dot-matrix LED modules.  It should be easy enough to find some new LED modules, but my question is this:  Are the modules soldered to the circuit board below, or can they be ‘popped out’ and replaced?

If major surgery is required, I’ll have to (sadly) live with a slightly-less-than-perfect TF, as I wouldn’t want to risk damaging it with my flamethrower-like soldering skills.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!   

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The modules are soldered to the board, but they are usually pretty reliable. You could try some gentle re-touching, but avoid the flame-thrower.

Bender

Thanks for the quick reply Nick – that likely prevented me from doing something stupid…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.