Timefactor Boss FV-500H problems

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Boss FV-500H problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Gero

Hi,

I am using my Timefacor with a Boss FV-500H as an expression pedal (connected with a stereo cabel). I have several problems with this combination. 

a) It is not able to reach the full range of values from 0 – 100, it always stops at about 86

b) When I use it to control only one parameter, the allocation is always the wrong way round,

Meaning for example if i want it to be 0 at heel down and 100 at toe down, it will turn out to be 86 at minimum and 0 at maximum. That is quite disturbing, anybody got an idea what to do?

Thanks,

Gero

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like either the pot in the pedal or the cable connections are reversed. You will need to borrow others to substitute and find out which.

The expression pedal should auto-calibrate when the unit is first switched on or when the pedal is plugged in – don't know why this is not happening. But fix the reversal problem first.

Gero

The strange thing is, the allocation is not reversed if I use the pedal for two or more parameters. So reversing the pedal connections only turns the problem around (pedal works with one parameter but not with mutliple). 

Thanks for your help. 

afullerton
      Participant

Forgive me if this is a dumb question,  but is the little knob on the left side of the pedal turned all the way down?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Do check the knob .. but also ..

A thought occurs – if you control 2 or more parameters, you just get a 0-100 display. But, if you only control one parameter, you get whatever you programmed. It is certainly possible to program a high value for pedal up and a low value for pedal down. This would give the symptoms you describe.

Gero

The knob is down, yes. And I made sure, when programming a single parameter, to always program it to have the lowest value with pedal up. I basically tried every variation there is, also if I program it the other way (lowest value with pedal down) it's the same. 

Gero

Ok, after I switched the TF on and off several times again, the reversal problem now seemes to have solved itsself… Still, the pedal does not reach the full value from 0 – 100. Is there maybe another way to calibrate it manually?

Thank you.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The pedal calibrates automatically by remembering the lowest and highest position it sees. This is a continuous process.

You can sometimes get a problem if you have a rather "rickety" pedal and hit it hard, causing it to go to a point that is not reachable by hitting it gently – this will be remembered by the TF as a maximum, but will not be easily reachable in normal use.

Gero

I tried using it as gentle as I could, but the pedal really doesn't care, reaching never more then 99. In most cases this does not really matter, but if you for example want to use it on controlling the delay mix, it is quite annoying if it isn't 100% 100.. Any other ideas or should I just return the pedal?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.