Timefactor bypass via midi footswitch?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor bypass via midi footswitch?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      roodboy

Can I put timefactor in bypass by using a program change on a mididfootswitch? If its possible could someone let me know how to do it
      Thanks

1923ford

I would like to know about this too!!! I have NOT figured out a way to peform this via midi footswitch…so I use a preset…with basically all knobs turned to "zero" as a bypass preset.

I use a large PEDALPAD with my midimate and other pedals all mounted and midi controlled. This is so I don't have to haul a rack unit around.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Currently you can only remote bypass with a CC (Controller) message, so MIDI pedals that only send Program Change can't do this. The workaround offered by Mr 1923ford could be used.

We'll add this to the wish list. 

roodboy

Could you let me know how to program the bypass with a cc message?
      Thanks

Roobin

You need to go to the System Menu then Midi then Rcv Ctl then turn the Encoder until you see BYP > -(or some number). Press the right footswitch, then turn until you've selected the correct CC number. Or you could use the learn function and press the right footswitch again and pressing the relevent button on your Midi controller. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Look under [RCV CTL] on page 35 (TF) or page 32 (MF) of the manual.

This describes how to contro9l many functions with CCs. 

lordbyron

Hi Nick:

Has their been any resolve to this issue?

I need the Timefactor to bypass with one Midi click from my Rocktron
      All Access Midi Controler because I will be getting a Pitchfactor and with that same single Midi click need to activate a Pitchfactor factory setting while
      the Timefactor goes to bypass.

Is this possible?

Please let me know

Cheers.

Byron Nemeth
      http://www.byronnemeth.com
      http://www.pacificastudios.com

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure that there is an issue here to resolve.

Currently you can take TF either in or out of bypass with a single CC message.

The PF is a newer product which also allows bypass to be selected by a Program Change message, allowing more control by less sophisticated pedalboards.This capability will be available in a future upgrade for TF and MF.

In contrast, the Rocktron is a very flexible unit which should allow you to do almost anything.

lordbyron

Hi Nick:

It's the "How" that I'm looking for.

How do I take TF in or out of bypass with a single CC message?
      Please detail TF configuration so that I can understand the TF set up.

It's the detail of the TF pedal set up that the owners manual is not
      clear on this point.

Thanks so much.

Byron Cool

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right – the Manual is somewhere between unclear and wrong. Sorry.

Configure the TF as described in the Manual. Learn mode is helpful.

Then, sending a MIDI CC value 0-63 takes it out of bypass, or CC value 64-127 puts it in bypass.

This can be done with a single MIDI CC message from the Rocktron.

NicD
      Participant

In a future update, could you make it possible to reverse the way the controller works, ie making value 127 (or 64-127) disable bypassand value 0 (or 0-63) disable it. It would help controlling the TF with a MIDI controller using fixed CC values, such as the VoodooLab Ground Controll Pro (in which, unlike Rocktron AA, can't specify custom values for instant access switches).Or can it be done using the Learn function ?

Arvee72
      Participant

Has there been any updates to address this?

Here's what I posted regarding this issue at HRI, Inc.:

Hey folks, need some advice on the "best" way to control my rig.

First, my rig:

Guitar -> RG16 (also used for channel switching) -> some analog pedals in loops 1-4 -> RG16 out ->
      Mesa Mark 5 combo (dry) -> Mesa slave out -> Modfactor -> Timefactor ->
      SS amp -> 2x Mesa 1×12 wet cabs.

Ground Control Pro midi out -> RG16 -> Modfactor -> Timefactor

GCP is set up for 4 Presets/8 Instant access

I have set up IA switches 1 through 4 to activate loops in the RG-16, no problems there.
      I have set up IA switch 8 for tap tempo to Mod/Timefactor, no problems there.

Here's my dilema:

How do I set up, for example, available IA switches to act as a toggle ON/OFF for Mod or Timefactor where the IA switch in active "lit" mode means the Mod/Time is active. I'm able to get it the other way around, where "lit" = Bypass.

Ultimately, I would like to have preset 1 as my clean channel with no effects, then add T and/or Modfactor via IA switch(es) "stompbox" style just as I would add say an overdrive pedal via the RG16.

Hope this makes sense…

Thanks for your time!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Did you send this to the wrong forum ?

cpl.bertrand

Hi all,

Is there any improvement on Mod and TimeFactor?

I'm waiting for the update that allows bypass them with a Program Change message…

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

cpl.bertrand:

Is there any improvement on Mod and TimeFactor?

Always many improvements.
      cpl.bertrand:

I'm waiting for the update that allows bypass them with a Program Change message…

Been there for a while now – see the appropriate Update Pages on the Web Site for details – came out in the previous release (2.4.2).

Pip pip !

cpl.bertrand

Thanks a lot!

Zef Noise

How do you assign program change = bypass

via MIDI from one factor pedal to another?  i wish to control my PF and TF with an aux switch throughout my show from one pedal.  can i make a bank = bypass?  So , for example, I use PF on 1 song and TF on the next song and both on a third song, i simply want to bank up thru the show, but some songs 1 or the other pedal need to be bypassed.

xlAres

Hi Nick,

I know this is a SUPER old thread, bu this issue has really been bugging me.

I have been using midi to change presets on my TF, Program changes to switch between presets, and saving a bypassed preset when i do not want any delay.

HOWEVER! the trails of the delay do not ring out when i switch between a preset with delay and this saved bypass preset.

The TF is set up in DSP + DLY mode.

If i use CC midi functionality on my decibel eleven switch witch, would this allow the trails to ring through rather than Program changes?

If so, how on earth can i do this?

i have set up the TF to REC CH on ch 1, but how to use the REC CTRL menu is baffling to me, as well as how to sync this with the swirch dr.

ALSO! would it be possible to connect the switch Dr's switches designed to switch amp channels to the AUX in on the TF?! THis would also be realy really useful.

I know it may seem like youve answered this question to many other midi newbies but any reply reall would be appreciated.

more information can be found here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=17213843#post17213843

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.