Timefactor – Can’t change parameters

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor – Can’t change parameters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      RussB

Hi, so maybe a dumb question but I’ve been through the manual, updated firmware, “knobs” are set to normal, but regardless of setting, when I turn a control knob, it doesn’t change anything, nothing shows on the billboard besides the effect or preset name.  So the presets work fine, but I can’t change any setting on any effect… am I missing something?  For what it’s worth, I’m coming back to guitar after a couple years off, so I may be overlooking something obvious, not that I ever learned how to use this box in the first place. wink

Thanks,

Russ

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Russ, if you’ve already updated the firmware, I also recommend conducting a factory reset.

To restore Factory Presets and all System settings, power up TimeFactor while simultaneously pressing the Middle Footswitch and the Encoder until [INITIALIZING] is displayed.

See if that fixes the functionality for you.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are all knobs not working? Does the encoder work? How about the footswitches? It could be a loose ribbon cable in the box.

It's also worth trying to use a USB cable to connect to a PC/Mac and try if parameters change when you change knobs in the H9 Control app

RussB

Update:  Everything worked through the app which got me thinking about the loose cable suggestion, so I popped the cover off and on, didn’t actually reconnect anything, but now all the knobs and switches are working as expected.  Go figure…  Thanks all!

Russ

RussB
      joecozzi wrote:
      Hi Russ, if you’ve already updated the firmware, I also recommend conducting a factory reset. To restore Factory Presets and all System settings, power up TimeFactor while simultaneously pressing the Middle Footswitch and the Encoder until [INITIALIZING] is displayed. See if that fixes the functionality for you.

Hi, tried that also, before and after the update.  Same result, my control knobs are just for show. 

RussB
      bohan wrote:

Are all knobs not working? Does the encoder work? How about the footswitches? It could be a loose ribbon cable in the box.

It’s also worth trying to use a USB cable to connect to a PC/Mac and try if parameters change when you change knobs in the H9 Control app

Encoder switch works, foot switches work, but none of the control knobs.  I’ll give H9 a try (new to me) and see if I have any luck there.  Thanks.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.