TIMEFACTOR CARBON COPY ANALOG

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TIMEFACTOR CARBON COPY ANALOG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      woonk

I was cheking the demo of the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay in the dunlop webside. The second demon is unreal, I?d try to got that sound in my timefactor but I couldn?t get it.

Any suggestions????

damienl64

Up

MXR did wel on thqt one, any suggestions chaps?

There's a lot going on (very Andy Summers)…which bits are you digging specifically?

damienl64

Based on the demos (ok it is not 100% reliable), the mxr has a nice sound which gets a bit distorded when it fades out. With the vintage from the factor even with the "bits" button the delay get distorded immediately and not progressively…

woonk

Even the giga delay got a more convincing analog delay, not to mention the dl4.

The TF is good just for the digital stuff. I hope Eventide relase an upgrade with a low res-analog delay emulation.

damienl64

If not in the next release I'll buy this greenie

pillarcat

I have never used the Carbon Copy but I do have a Diamond Memory Lane 2. I find that it is possible to get an analogue type sound using the Modulation Delay on the Timefactor instead of the Vintage delay. Turning the filter past 50 yields some lovely results.

herb

Indeed, it is really a pity that the TF never got up to the quality of the analogue delay sound of the Carbon Copy despite several updates, or did anybody come up with a setting ? TF is fine for sophisticated delay patterns, it's a bit of all in one box but is not able to do simple things in a convincing way.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.