Timefactor—– Change the tempo BPM using midi CC message

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor—– Change the tempo BPM using midi CC message

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      nacholaborde54
      Participant

Hello, how are you my name is Ignacio and I'm from Argentina.

I'm using the Timefactor, ModFactor and PitchFactor

In the Timefactor, I usually manage with 4 presets: slapback, one for distortion lead, rhythm and finally one for clean arpeggios.

I just want to use those 4 presets in all my songs, but I have to match the tempo of each preset with the tempo of each song (in my band, the drummer plays with metronome).

Is there any way to change the tempo BPM using a CC message, other than through TAP TEMPO?

I know a way to resolve this would save presets, with different times for each song, but this is not practical and would spend many memory presets and should note Aaaaaall presets! This method is not very organized.

Use a controller that is capable of sending MIDI to 20 CC per preset.

Thank you very much to whoever can help me and sorry for my bad English

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi there,

a few things you could do would be to set MIDI clock out on one of the factors and sync the midi clock on the other units, so when you set the tempo on the first factor…. The others would sync.

another option is to set ALL the factors to Sync to MIDI clock and the take a feed from your drummers metronome?

you can set a midi cc to tap tempo too, although the midi sync would probably be easier and less prone to errors IMHO

nacholaborde54
      Participant

Thanks for the reply!!

Actually, what I need to do is change the tempo BPM sending midi CC message.

For example, to send a MIDI CC # 50 is set in the TimeFactor 50bpm, or relationship whatsoever.

Tap Tempo does not help in this case for me.

Thanks!!!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Ahhh, no don't think you can do that and not sure it would work that well in reality, due to having it to be spot on when it was transmitted / received and actioned.

midi clock would be more stable.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We don't have a MIDI CC to set the tempo, although you could do it with a SYSEX. People usually use MIDI clock to remote control of tempo.

nacholaborde54
      Participant

Thank you very much for responding and take the opportunity to make another question:

From my midi controller I control the TAP TEMPO TF, MF and PF at the same time, that are all synchronized to the same BPM. I am sending three messages midi CC: CC # 1 with value 64 channel 1 to control PitchFactor, CC # 1 with value 64 channel 2 to control ModFactor, and CC # 1 with value 64 on channel 3 to control TimeFactor.

The three factors TAP TEMPO respond correctly, but there is minimal differences between BPM each. I can do to fix this??

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you have the latest software – the BPM accuracy has been improved since the early days.

nacholaborde54
      Participant

my 3 factors have installed version: 3.5.0 [4]. Any other suggestions? I've tried changing the MIDI cables

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This is the latest version, OK.

Can you explain what you mean by "there is minimal differences between BPM each" with some examples ?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

nacholaborde54:

Thank you very much for responding and take the opportunity to make another question:

From my midi controller I control the TAP TEMPO TF, MF and PF at the same time, that are all synchronized to the same BPM. I am sending three messages midi CC: CC # 1 with value 64 channel 1 to control PitchFactor, CC # 1 with value 64 channel 2 to control ModFactor, and CC # 1 with value 64 on channel 3 to control TimeFactor.

The three factors TAP TEMPO respond correctly, but there is minimal differences between BPM each. I can do to fix this??

Not sure if I am missing something, but couldn't you just set the Tempo on the first Factor pedal in the chain, send MIDI time clock from that pedal and then sync the other two factors to the first one using MIDI clock sync?

this was the was I did it when I ran the 3 Factor pedals together and basically similar to what I do now…. I set the tempo via MIDI controller tap tempo to my Eclipse and then sync Space and other MIDI devices to the Eclipse.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.