TimeFactor Connectivity/Preset Import Method

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Connectivity/Preset Import Method

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      swstaff
      Participant

Thank you for your help; sincerely appreciate the “educational outreach” and helping me obtain greater understanding. Two issues I hope to resolve:

1. I have (2) TimeFactors (TF1 and TF2) I want to connect together and use in the effects loop of my amp. TF1 is connected to the effects loop in the conventional approach: Effects Send to Input 1 and Effects Return to Output 1.

However I hope to connect TF2 to TF1 and use them both together. Is that accomplished by connecting the TF1 Output 2 to TF2 Input 1; and, then TF2 Output 1 to TF1 Input2? Of course I tried this, and honestly could not hear any change in the sound of the effects. What are the correct connections to bridge 2 TF units together? I understand there are only so many possibilities, and it should be easy enough to reason through, but I don’t want to compromise the units.

I have tried the “self help” approach: YouTube videos; Forum and extensive web searches, but unable to find the answer. It must fall into the category of “intuitively obvious”!

2. Secondly, I would like to update the TF to obtain the full factory preset library; however, after reviewing the “Downloads and Documentation” Page, I really don’t understand how I import the presets into the TF devices. I have older units (both serial numbers below 03175) that have never been updated , but the download options appear to be “fixes”/improvements. What’s the process to import the full preset library?

Thank you for your patience and understanding; I’m just trying to find my way and obtain an education; details really help – thank you. Respectfully submitted.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello swstaff, thank you for your questions.

1. The simplest way to connect two pedals is using a serial chain, meaning you connect the output of one pedal directly to the input of the next pedal. In your setup, this means coming from the amp’s effect send to Input 1 of TF1, then taking TF1’s Output 1 and connecting it to TF2’s Input 1. Lastly, take TF2’s Output 1 and connect that to the amp’s effects return. Because you are running a mono signal, there is no need to use Output 2 on either pedal for anything.

Another option would be to connect the TimeFactors in parallel using an external mixer of some sort, something like an EHX Tri Parallel Mixer. The benefit here is you are able to not feed a delay directly into another delay, but rather mix both delays independently.

2. All factor series pedals including the TimeFactor can be updated and controlled using the H9 Control application. By connecting the TimeFactor via USB to a computer, users can see all available presets for every delay algorithm, and can create custom preset lists to download them into the pedal.

Here are a couple of brief videos explaining these concepts

Updating the Stompbox: https://youtu.be/SRSRCxaFBsA

Using H9 Control: https://youtu.be/V07NNTgxc_Y

How to create custom preset lists: https://youtu.be/Nfh00c2UhlU

swstaff
      Participant

Joe;

Thank you kind sir, sincerely appreciate the superservice.

I was able to download updates to both TimeFactors without any issues. I have really been missing out – some of the presets are truly superb and a great creative tool.

Additionally, thank you for the “connection correction”. I have to be very careful with the mix function when running in series but there are some interesting sounds to be generated. I have been looking at mixers for this smaller rig and I appreciate your suggestion – it’s the right way to set it up. I actually have been trying to track down a MusicomLAB Parallelizer for it’s stereo out connections (future options), but seemingly difficult to find.

Thank you again for the swift response; perfectly composed and extremely helpful – thank you Joe. Respectfully submitted.

CharlesMullen
      Participant

Thank you for your help; sincerely appreciate the “educational outreach” and helping me obtain greater understanding. Two issues I hope to resolve:

1. I have (2) TimeFactors (TF1 and TF2) I want to connect together and use in the effects loop of my amp. TF1 is connected to the effects loop in the conventional approach: Effects Send to Input 1 and Effects Return to Output 1.

However I hope to connect TF2 to TF1 and use them both together. Is that accomplished by connecting the TF1 Output 2 to TF2 Input 1; and, then TF2 Output 1 to TF1 Input2? Of course I tried this, and honestly could not hear any change in the sound of the effects. What are the correct connections to bridge 2 TF units together? I understand there are only so many possibilities, and it should be easy enough to reason through, but I don’t want to compromise the units.

I have tried the “self help” approach: YouTube videos; Forum and extensive web searches, but unable to find the answer. It must fall into the category of “intuitively obvious”!

2. Secondly, I would like to update the TF to obtain the full factory preset library; however, after reviewing the “Downloads and Documentation” Page, I really don’t understand how I import the presets into the TF devices. I have older units (both serial numbers below 03175) that have never been updated <em class=”d4pbbc-italic” i=”ave”>, but the download options appear to be “fixes”/improvements. What’s the process to import the full preset library?

Thank you for your patience and understanding; I’m just trying to find my way and obtain an education; details really help – thank you. Respectfully submitted.Discussion delves into the intricacies of ensuring seamless connectivity and effective management of presets for optimal performance. Understanding the connectivity and import methods is crucial for musicians and enthusiasts using the TimeFactor, offering them a comprehensive guide to enhance their musical experience. For students seeking essay help or academic assistance, https://essays.edubirdie.com/essay-help connects them with EduBirdie, a platform offering essay-related services. Just as technical understanding is vital for TimeFactor users, academic support services assist students in achieving excellence in their essays and coursework.

yes i also faced such problems

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.