TimeFactor Cycles On/Off

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Cycles On/Off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      davidhung8

I have two TimeFactor pedals. I have noticed on both that even the slightest movement of the AC Adapter cable causes the unit to power off then on. If I touch/wiggle the plug at the barrel end same deal. I have tried multiple Eventide Factor adapters and units and it seems there is a problem at the AC jack causing an interruption in power enough to reboot the pedal. Is anyone else having this issue?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

These power jacks are very intolerant of movement (all manufacturers). But, if it is worse than usual, you may have a bad solder joint in the plugt or the socket. If you think this is the case, you should probably send it in.

grozeil

Same problem here. I bought mine two years ago, and two switches gone wrong very recently and the power supply socket as well. I sent it back to the company which imports Eventide stuff but they sent it back to the shop (!) with only one switch replaced. Oh well, I'm really going to loose my patience… Angry

KSmith

Same here. A right-angled barrel connector would be a great start, especially on crowded pedalboards.

k

Trazan

Same here…

tmart
      Participant

Same with at least one of mine; both with a brand-new Eventide a/c adapter and with FLEX cables.

It doesn’t appear that the solder is the issue from what I can see inside although I have heard some folks point to that as an issue on their pedals.

It seems almost like the special 2.5mm post doesn’t quite fit the barrels on the cords.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      tmart wrote:

Same with at least one of mine; both with a brand-new Eventide a/c adapter and with FLEX cables.

It doesn't appear that the solder is the issue from what I can see inside although I have heard some folks point to that as an issue on their pedals.

It seems almost like the special 2.5mm post doesn't quite fit the barrels on the cords.

If you are sure that it is the power jack's problem, you may get this from our website and have some tech do that for you.

https://store.eventideaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/dc-power-jack

If your pedal is still under warrenty, you may send it in and we can repair.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.