Timefactor Dual Delay Issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Dual Delay Issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      PianoMan

I'm trying to figure out how to do a straight quarter note and dotted eighth note dual delay with the Timefactor. When I set up the pedal to do so though, I get a strange delay pattern. (For reference, I got the exact same pattern from a TC Electronics Nova Delay trying to do the same thing). A guy on a different forum (who also has a Timefactor) couldn't explain why mine was doing what it was doing, as his does exactly what I want.

To help clarify what I'm looking for, I recorded two clips and posted them at http://www.purevolume.com/drewburson

The first clip is the Timefactor doing the weird pattern, and the second is the pattern I'm trying to get. Anyone have any idea how I can get that pattern? Thanks!

achaput

Daisy chain output 1 into input 2. Then you get two delays in series.

oddb0d

Would it ever be possible to decide internally via an OS update whether the delays should be in parallel or series? That would make the TimeFactor my ultimate delay. I love having parallel delays but I also need to have 2 series delays. I don't want to buy another delay pedal just to try and get this….

madeski
      Participant

so is the delay on the pitchfactor set up in series? cause from this description it sounds like that's how it is.

oddb0d

The best way to answer this is to say they are independent. By that I mean Delay A and Delay B process on either input 1 and input 2 respectively or they both operate on input 1 in parallel. If you put a cable from the Output of 1 into the Input of 2. Then you are placing Delay B to operate on the already effect added Delay A. That's the more techie answer.

In musical terms… The eventide comes by default as a parallel delay. But you can easily switch it to be in series if you so wish. The thing I don't like is that I cannot change that simply in the middle of set with a preset change. I would love it if were possible to switch the routing via software.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.