Timefactor effect stop working

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor effect stop working

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jun.marcos

Hi, 

I’m having a problem with timefactor. The effect doens’t work and the active led stop light, but the bypass sound works. I’ve tried to reset in factory mode but the problem persists. I guess that it’s not a hardware problem, because the left button still changes the bank.    

Thanks! 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      jun.marcos wrote:

The effect doens't work and the active led stop light, but the bypass sound works.

Sorry – don't understand.

In what way does the effect not work ? In what way does the bypass sound work ?

What do you mean by "and the active led stop light."

Hello
      I have a similar problem with mine . After the last firmware update the effect now doesn't work: the switch"activate"doesn't active the delay and the led upon it doesn't work too. I can switch banks, but when I press the "activate" button (Left buttom) it doesn' t work, I can't select the preset and the led upon it dosn't work either. I believe It is not a hardware problem , because it started after the last update. When I am in manualmode the middle and right switch work perfectly, but the left one still inoperate. What is happening?
      Hope you can help me tranks

gkellum
        Participant
        Gabriel Miranda wrote:

I have a similar problem with mine . After the last firmware update the effect now doesn't work: the switch"activate"doesn't active the delay and the led upon it doesn't work too. 

Could you go into system mode of the TimeFactor and check if it's serial number is correct? I don't have a TimeFactor in front of me right now, but from memory I think you'll need to press the
        algorithm selection encoder and the right footswitch at the same time to get into system mode, then turn the algorithm selection encoder to scroll through the menu options until you get to Utils, then press the algorithm selection encoder to go into Utils, then turn the algorithm selection encoder until you see SERIAL, then press the algorithm selection encoder to go into SERIAL, and then note what you see there so you can let us know if it's your correct serial number. To exit system mode, press the the algorithm selection encoder and the right footswitch at the same time again.

Thanks, I did it and my serial number is TF – 09308

I installed the last firmware update again and things now are working fine again.

Thanks for the support

gkellum
        Participant
        Gabriel Miranda wrote:

I installed the last firmware update again and things now are working fine again.

Great, that's good to hear.  In rare cases a TimeFactor can loose it's serial number during an update, and then, it can start behaving as you described where it refuses to come out of bypass.

I am having the same issue. I went through and verified that I am using the correct serial number. I have installed update 3.5.0[4] and its still not working. Everything else seems to be fine. Any suggerstions?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        andrew.moseson wrote:

I am having the same issue. I went through and verified that I am using the correct serial number. I have installed update 3.5.0[4] and its still not working. Everything else seems to be fine. Any suggerstions?

This is a pretty old update. If you have not already, you should re-initialize the unit.

I tried to reinitialize, but the problem remains. Could it be a hardware issue?

My Timefactor will not power up. When I plug it in – no lights show up. Its passed its warranty period. How can I send it in for repair?

gkellum
        Participant
        andrew.moseson wrote:

My Timefactor will not power up. When I plug it in – no lights show up. Its passed its warranty period. How can I send it in for repair?

Please send an email to support@eventide.com, and let them know about the updating problem you had that lead to your TimeFactor getting in this state.  They'll be able to send you an RMA (return materials authorization form).

DarkateK
      Participant

Hi everyone, I´m having the same problem so here I am… has anyone managed to comeback from a No Serial or does it always have to go for repair to the USA? I made the update and now it´s stuck on Bypass too but when I check the serial it´s TF-00001 or No Serial. I´ve tried resetting it on the dif firmware versions but it doesn´t recover the serial. It´s really frustrating cause it was already pretty expensive, and not only I´ll have to pay for the posting as for customs cause it comes from the states which means more than I paid for it considering it has a 100$ fee from Eventide to get the serial nr back. The only thing I did was the update so why do I suddenly have to pay 200$ to repair it? It really sucks if that´s the only solution.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.