TimeFactor: Fine Tuning Delay Times

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor: Fine Tuning Delay Times

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

I thought I read somewhere that it is possible to fine tune the delay time knobs so that you can dial in very precise times without the display jumping around too rapidly. Example: Let's say I want to dial in 360 ms precisely, but my delay time knob simply won't allow it. For instance, mine might jump between 354 ms and 365, but will not allow me to dial in any settings in between, no matter how lightly I touch the knob.

I'm finding that this kind of thing is happening to me a lot.

Is there a menu somewhere that I am missing that will allow me to slow down how quickly the delay time knob responds? Or are my knobs going bad–and it's not like I've overused them, that's for sure. For a long, long time, my pedal has mostly been sitting unused. But not anymore (thankfully!).

Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff

EdDrake
      Participant

Not sure if this is what you're talking about.

From page 24 of the TF manual:

Adjusting Tempo & Tweaking Delays
      The Encoder can be used to set or tweak the Tempo value in BPM if Tempo is ON. To use the
      Encoder, first press the Tap Footswitch (you must be in Play Mode) so that the Billboard
      displays the Tempo value in BPM. Whenever the Tap value is displayed, the Encoder can be
      turned to adjust the Tempo. While adjusting, the Billboard displays the updated Tempo and
      the parameter Control Knobs are disabled. 

With Tempo OFF, the Encoder can be used to tweak delay time. To use the Encoder, first turn
      the Control Knob corresponding to the delay that you want to tweak; either Dly Time A or Dly
      Time B. Next, press the Tap Footswitch (TimeFactor must be in Play Mode) so that the
      Billboard displays the Delay Time value. Now turn the Encoder to adjust Delay Time. While
      adjusting, the Billboard displays the updated Delay Time and the parameter Control Knobs are
      disabled. 

jcshirke
      Participant

Yes. Thank you, Ed. I knew I had seen that info somewhere, but I obviously flipped right past it in the manual. Worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Jeff

Reckedtrek

It's even more simple with the latest SW . Let's say you're adjusting delay time A. You turn the Dly time A knob until the setting is close to what you want, then within 2 seconds time use the encoder knob and you can fine tune it to the exact MS setting you want.

Definitely read the manual- the encoder knob  does A LOT of cool little tricks like this.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.