Timefactor getting crazy

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor getting crazy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it's under warranty, send it back.

If it's not, have someone competent open it and check the ribbon cable between the two boards. This can (rarely) come loose or develop bad connections.

stratboy
        nickrose wrote:

If it’s under warranty, send it back.

If it’s not, have someone competent open it and check the ribbon cable between the two boards. This can (rarely) come loose or develop bad connections.

Generally speaking, these kind of issues happens, is the ribbon cable to be changed or just to be reconnected?

stratboy
        stratboy wrote:

nickrose wrote:

If it’s under warranty, send it back.

If it’s not, have someone competent open it and check the ribbon cable between the two boards. This can (rarely) come loose or develop bad connections.

Generally speaking, these kind of issues happens, is the ribbon cable to be changed or just to be reconnected?

I mean ‘WHEN’ these kind of issues happens (I forgot the ‘when’ word and couldn’t edit the post)

stratboy

Hi! I’ve got a big problem.. My timefactor is getting crazy.. During bypass, after a while it turns on by itself (but without lighting the current bank program) and starts to continuously changing effect. All by itself.

What’s goin’ on here?

Thank you,

Regards

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Happily (for us), these issues do not happen a lot, so I can't give you a general rule.

If the problem is the ribbon cable (we had a bad batch once) , it could most likely be one of two things:

1) The plug having shaken loose from its socket (easily fixed by "wiggling" or re-seating it).

2) Faulty assembly of the cable – this can't easily be fixed, and requires a new cable.

stratboy
        nickrose wrote:

Happily (for us), these issues do not happen a lot, so I can’t give you a general rule.

If the problem is the ribbon cable (we had a bad batch once) , it could most likely be one of two things:

1) The plug having shaken loose from its socket (easily fixed by “wiggling” or re-seating it).

2) Faulty assembly of the cable – this can’t easily be fixed, and requires a new cable.

ok thank you

telesynth
      Participant

I’m experiencing the same problem with my Time Factor, it’s like every knob is being turned and the display struggles to keep up with the changes. The ribbon cable is a good explanation. However, I can get it to work for a while with a factory reset, and I never change the factory settings. It works for a few days then the TF goes crazy. I have reverted from 5.2.0 to 3.5.0 and for 2 weeks so far it has not gone crazy. Coincidence? BTW this unit has never been gigged or moved out of the studio.

stratboy
        telesynth wrote:

I’m experiencing the same problem with my Time Factor, it’s like every knob is being turned and the display struggles to keep up with the changes. The ribbon cable is a good explanation. However, I can get it to work for a while with a factory reset, and I never change the factory settings. It works for a few days then the TF goes crazy. I have reverted from 5.2.0 to 3.5.0 and for 2 weeks so far it has not gone crazy. Coincidence? BTW this unit has never been gigged or moved out of the studio

(To the producers) So could it be a software problem?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry guys – it does sound like the ribbon, in which case there is nothing more this Forum can do for you. Please follow my earlier advice, or support@eventide.com

telesynth
      Participant

I don’t disagree its a physical problem like the ribbon cable. It is so infrequent that I guess I got a cluster of events that looked like a pattern. I’m just recording synths as a hobby so its not a show stopper. To be honest, I couldn’t wait to get back to 5.2.0 and since then I haven’t had any problems at all.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.