Timefactor goes nuts!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor goes nuts!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      DaiF

Anyone else got a Timefactor that seems to be working just fine then without warning unleashes a deafening noise akin to an air-raid siren in an avalanche and which can only be stopped by pulling the power? I’ve had to stop using mine on account of my nerves (and ears).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This sounds like feedback. It could be one of the following:

1) Incorrect wiring causing a feedback loop. Does it stop if you disconnect the input jacks ?

2) Feedback setting in preset too high. Does it happen on all presets ?

3) Hardware fault. Less likely.

DaiF

Thanks for the message. It’s happened a few times in the past but there seems to be no common thread to each occurance. It’s happened in both play and preset modes for example. Most recently it happened when I switched from digital to vintage delay type (it was fine in digital mode and I wasn’t even playing when I switched modes). I can’t really try the input jack as you suggested as I don’t know if or when the issue will occur again which makes the unit pretty much unusable with any confidence. Also I really don’t want to risk damaging my amp/speaker.

DaiF

…it’s like going it’s into self oscillation caued by the turning of controls other than the feedback control. The presets I use are all factory. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you think the unit is faulty – support@eventide.com.

My guess is that you have some kind of feedback loop in your setup.

Try guitar>-H9->amp. If this is fine, the problem may be in your installation.

DaiF

Thanks. Still can’t figure out why the Timefactor works fine for some time before the issue recurrs out of the blue. If my connections were the cause wouldn’t the problem always be there? Also I’ve used other dalays in the same way (amp send to input A, output A to amp return) with no problem. I appreciate your reply though.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.