Timefactor & H9 Control very buggy

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor & H9 Control very buggy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mikengstrom
      Participant

I’m having lots of issues getting these two work together. I’m on Win 10. H9 control is constantly unable to connect to the timefactor.

I’ve tried restarting it & clearing the settings. I can get it to connect some times but it’s very inconsistant. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Mike

bohan
      Eventide Staff

How do you connect your TF to your PC? Do you use an USB cable? Does the pedal connect automatically when you open the app?

mikengstrom
      Participant

I think I have it working a bit better now. I reset the settings in H9 Control and stopped trying to send midi via the dins at the same time seems to have fixed the issue. Its a pity you can’t control the pedal via the app whilst syncing to midi clock. Or is there a way to do this?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      mikengstrom wrote:

I think I have it working a bit better now. I reset the settings in H9 Control and stopped trying to send midi via the dins at the same time seems to have fixed the issue. Its a pity you can't control the pedal via the app whilst syncing to midi clock. Or is there a way to do this?

Do you connect to your pedal via MIDI dins or USB? If you use USB, MIDI dins will be ignored and I think you can still use USB to sync MIDI clock while using H9 Control.

mikengstrom
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Do you connect to your pedal via MIDI dins or USB? If you use USB, MIDI dins will be ignored and I think you can still use USB to sync MIDI clock while using H9 Control.

I initiially had both usb & midi dins connected as I was trying to sync the midi din clock to one of my synths but that was causing a lot of my problems I think.  I’ll try it a few more times.

I’ve tried running H9 Control & Reaper(DAW) but Reaper can’t seem to access the timefactor midi device when H9 Control is open. Not sure if this is just a Reaper issue or whether other DAWs would have the smae issue accessing the USB midi?

cheers.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      mikengstrom wrote:

I initiially had both usb & midi dins connected as I was trying to sync the midi din clock to one of my synths but that was causing a lot of my problems I think.  I'll try it a few more times.

I've tried running H9 Control & Reaper(DAW) but Reaper can't seem to access the timefactor midi device when H9 Control is open. Not sure if this is just a Reaper issue or whether other DAWs would have the same issue accessing the USB midi?

cheers.

USB and MIDI DIN connectors cannot work simultaneously. You can only use 1 of them for MIDI / H9 Control communication.

I'm not 100% sure if that's Reaper's problem or it's just what it is. H9 Control relies on MIDI communication so TimeFactor may not be able to handle too many messages. Could you try another DAW or MIDI Clock software? What if you use Reaper first and then open H9 Control later?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.