TimeFactor & H9 Control won’t Connect

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor & H9 Control won’t Connect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      johneek

I have had my TimeFactor for over 4 years and it’s always been reliable.  Lately, it has a difficult time connecting to my computer through a USB cable to H9 Control on my Mac Mini.  I have updated with the latest firmware and have tried all combinations of connecting and powering up.  Usually I could find some way to get H9 to recognize my timeFactor.  Today, I can’t get them to connect at all.  I continually get the following messages.

Communication Error!

An error occurred while communicating with the TimeFactor device <TF-11376>.

The stompbox is not responding.  Please verify that it is still connected.  (Error code MessageConstants:::sm_resonse_timeout)

Device not responding

The device ‘TF-11376’ is not responding.  Please check your communication settings and/or try restarting your device with hot knob and right footswitch pressed to  clear the system settings.

I have tried all of this and replaced the USB cable.  Any words of wisdom?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are you using the latest H9 Control?

have you tried clicking "Reset all settings" in H9 Control's Settings page?

What OS do you use on your Mac Mini?

johneek

Are you using the latest H9 Control?I just now upgraded to the most recent H9 Control

have you tried clicking “Reset all settings” in H9 Control’s Settings page?  Not Yet…

What OS do you use on your Mac Mini?  IOS  10.15.7…

I will try to connect later this evening and let you know how it goes…

johneek

How long should it take to Reset all Settings?  H9 Control says it is “Examining connected device TF-11376” for over 15 minutes?  There is no indication on the TimeFactor that anything is going on.

johneek

So, I let it go for an hour and then shut down H9 control.  When I brought it back up, it went to the same place but said, I was using an unrecognized TimeFactor.  I signed in and it saved it for me.  What in the world is going on?

johneek

Well, you can click “Reset all Settings” in demo mode as well. – OK, thanks I will try that next…

Does that mean your TimeFactor now connects?  It sometimes connects for a few seconds then, stops…

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Do you use any other MIDI devices? Does TimeFactor connect well if it's the only MIDI device connected?

Also check your Audio MIDI setup and in the MIDI devices remove/reset all Eventide devices and then try connecting again.

Colin Sic

I am having the same issue and have tried everything stated. I just updated the pedal. 

Scryptic
      Participant

This is for people who just bought an H9, tried to use H9 Control and googled the message, “Examining connected device”: 

After letting that screen dominate my iPad for an hour, I finally exited H9 Control and restarted. This time, my H9 was recognized and said to be registered, and all of the editing and saving features worked perfectly. 

Note to Eventide: Searching for “Examining connected device ‘H9′” in google and duckduckgo yields exactly three hits, all of them on this forum and none of them answering what I would assume is a common first question. 

syntheticsonority
      Participant

Just got my H9 Max yesterday. Similar problems. I can connect over USB or Bluetooth, but the device seems to lock up showing V 5.8.5. All buttons are unresponsive. Trying to connect with Control app says communication error. Error message says power cycle with hotknob and right footswitch held down. So I tried that, it comes up with “clear” but again, all buttons unresponsive. Still can’t connect with Control app.

I’m using Mac OS 11.2.3, is it compatible?

I’m having the same connecting issues with my notebook and my Eventide Modfactor. Both H9 app for windows and the eventide direct update can’t recongnize my stompbox even though the usb cable, the pedal and daw are working just fine. 

I read on the forum the same problem as many users, so I try to reinstall the firmware and reset the parameters, the software etc. several times…

Nothing has worked. I’ve tried even with other laptops with other systems like MAC, but the apps still can’t recognize. 

I believe that there’s something wrong on the eventide apps and its relation with other programs in the PC.

My MF wasn’t connected with other devices and neither my DAW was open. 

The Eventide device appears only in the Device Manager as audio controller (image bellow). I’ve tried the manual update mode on the pedal but neither the  direct updater or Eventide Device Manager recognized it. 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      johneek wrote:

How long should it take to Reset all Settings?  H9 Control says it is "Examining connected device TF-11376" for over 15 minutes?  There is no indication on the TimeFactor that anything is going on.

Well, you can click "Reset all Settings" in demo mode as well.

Does that mean your TimeFactor now connects?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      syntheticsonority wrote:

Just got my H9 Max yesterday. Similar problems. I can connect over USB or Bluetooth, but the device seems to lock up showing V 5.8.5. All buttons are unresponsive. Trying to connect with Control app says communication error. Error message says power cycle with hotknob and right footswitch held down. So I tried that, it comes up with "clear" but again, all buttons unresponsive. Still can't connect with Control app.

I'm using Mac OS 11.2.3, is it compatible?

When you say "all buttons unresponsive" do you mean the buttons on the pedal? Does your H9 have effects? Do the footswitches work?

Have you tried factory reset by powering up the pedal with the right footswitch and the black knob pressed?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      MATHEUS AUGUSTO wrote:

I'm having the same connecting issues with my notebook and my Eventide Modfactor. Both H9 app for windows and the eventide direct update can't recongnize my stompbox even though the usb cable, the pedal and daw are working just fine.

Is your ModFactor connected to other MIDI devices? Was your DAW open when you tried to connect in H9 Control?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      MATHEUS AUGUSTO wrote:

My MF wasn't connected with other devices and neither my DAW was open. 

Is your ModFactored showed as a USB device or audio device/midi device on your Notebook?

Can it be recognized by the direct updater or Eventide Device Manager when it boots into the UPDATE mode?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.