Timefactor : Headache with jumping values without touching my Expression pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor : Headache with jumping values without touching my Expression pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      adistom

Hi!

Like many others apparently, i have problems when connecting an expression pedal in my timefactor. When not touching the pedal, randomly the value is jumping alone ( example : from 99 to 97 to 96 to 99… etc…)

Here's the thing : I've tested it with different expression pedals (all recommended by eventide) and different timefactors from shops or my friends. All timefactors had this very annoying issue. I've tested it on table so, no vibration at all, no dust (exp pedals where new and timefactors were cleaned). Oh, and my cables are monster patch cable in perfect shape.

I've also noticed all the posts on that subjects had not a clear answer or not at all (i've seen one unresponded from 2011…)

I'm a serious musician with knowledge and really start to freak out about the timefactor.

Have you really tested the accuracy of this machine with an expression pedal? really?

I'm actually "using" (because it's not usable in my opinion with this issue) an ernie ball vp jr 25k.

Please help me, i'm seriously thinking about getting rid of my timefactor if i can't use it properly with an exp pedal with this jumping values…

Vincent.

Regards.

ctc

adistom:

Like many others apparently, i have problems when connecting an expression
      pedal in my timefactor. When not touching the pedal, randomly the value is
      jumping alone ( example : from 99 to 97 to 96 to 99… etc…)

I have found that unplugging from and immediately re-plugging the expression pedal back to the TF port solves this problem temporarily for the remainder of my jam session which can be several hours. This would lead me to believe that there is some type of electrical buildup either in the TF expression pedal circuitry, my (+15 year old) shielded 18' quarter inch cable , or my Ernie Ball VP Junior 25K. Perhaps TF support can address this.

jmusolino
      Participant

I had the same problem with my PF and EB VP Jr 25, and I swapped out the TRS cable I was using to connect the units for a TS cable and that seems to work so far.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.