Timefactor, Intermittent crackle and pop

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor, Intermittent crackle and pop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeMullins74
      Participant

I’ve had this Timefactor for about 10yrs now and in the last month or so i noticed an intermittent crackle/pops coming through as I play on the clean channel. First I ruled out the amp–disconnecting everything going through the effects loop–no crackle/pops.  Then I replaced every patch cable in the effects loop–no change (still crackles).  Then I started removing pedals in the effects loop chain–when I removed the timefactor, the crackle and pops ceased.  Then, I experimented with changing the BYPASS from “DSP with FX” to “Relay” and also verified the crackle and pops no longer present–until I engaged the pedal output.  I went a step further and powered the Timefactor with a different Eventide PS and the crackle persists.  I cleaned the pots and jacks with electronic cleaner–no change.  So, the issue seems internal.

Anyone else experienced this? Solutions?

http://www.recognizermusic.com

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

You could also try a reinstalling the firmware on your pedal, or a factory reset. I would suggest emailing support@eventide.com to troubleshoot your issues further.

rodgecomau
      Participant

Hi Mike, I’m wondering if you ever we’re able to fix the issue? I think I may have the same thing going on – crackling only when the pedal is engaged.

Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.