Timefactor: is there a way to have default values and not the expression pedal ones when you turn on a preset?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor: is there a way to have default values and not the expression pedal ones when you turn on a preset?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #115219
      stratboy
      Member

      Hi, I’ve got a problem. I use the expression pedal a lot. But I’d like the preset had defaults when turned on. Try to better explain:

      – Preset feedback: 50%;

      – Expression pedal: 0 to 100%

      Right after activating the preset, feedback should be 50%. Instead, it’s when the expression pedal is. So it will be 50% only if the expression pedal will be exactly at 50% of its range, and this is not good.

      Another way to say this: right after activating a preset, I’d like having the values changing only after (and if) the expression pedal is moved.

      Is it possible?

       

    • #151391
      brock
      Participant

      The current expression pedal value is saved along with a preset.

      Set the pedal position (or do it in H9 Control), then re-save the preset.

    • #151396
      camn
      Participant

      Yeah, I have to say… I don’t think I get that behavior.
      When you call a preset… The algo doesn’t even know what the expression pedal value is until you move it.
      Mine always load with the same ‘default’ values… That is – whatever I saved them with. Despite where the exp pedal landed from the last patch.

      Are you sure the exp pedal isn’t jiggling or something? What is your setup?

      • #151399
        stratboy
        Member
        camn wrote:
        Yeah, I have to say… I don’t think I get that behavior. When you call a preset… The algo doesn’t even know what the expression pedal value is until you move it. Mine always load with the same ‘default’ values… That is – whatever I saved them with. Despite where the exp pedal landed from the last patch. Are you sure the exp pedal isn’t jiggling or something? What is your setup?

        Hi, I use an Ernieball VPJR 25kohm, as suggested by Eventide. The pedal itself is working properly when rocked.

         

    • #151402
      bohan
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff
      stratboy wrote:

      Another way to say this: right after activating a preset, I'd like having the values changing only after (and if) the expression pedal is moved.

      Is it possible?

      Yes. TimeFactor works in the way you described. If your preset was saved with FEEDBACK 50, when you load it the FEEDBACK will be 50 if you don't move your expression pedal.

    • #151403
      camn
      Participant

      Yeah… So what we are saying is this: your desired function is our normal operation.
      So this sounds like abberant behaviour.

      Can you take a video of the problem, including some shots of you H9 control window when you are flipping presets around?
      I’m thinking… Load preset ‘a’ with the exp all the way back… Push it all the way forward and leave it, change presets, reload preset ‘a’ with the exp all the way forward… And show us what happens in H9 control.

      • #151411
        stratboy
        Member
        camn wrote:
        Yeah… So what we are saying is this: your desired function is our normal operation. So this sounds like abberant behaviour. Can you take a video of the problem, including some shots of you H9 control window when you are flipping presets around? I’m thinking… Load preset ‘a’ with the exp all the way back… Push it all the way forward and leave it, change presets, reload preset ‘a’ with the exp all the way forward… And show us what happens in H9 control.

        Ok, before doing this, I made further investigation. I just noted that the ‘issue’ is only when I switch off > on after first exp usage. In other words:

        – Preset 1 > ON > OK

        – use exp pedal

        – switch off preset 1 (without changing preset)

        – switch on preset 1 again > will have the exp pedal values instead of the programmed ones.

        If instead change preset, values will be fine:

        – Preset 1 > ON > OK

        – use exp pedal

        Show More...

        – change to preset 2

        – back to preset 1 > OK

        Is it normal?

         

        Show Less...
    • #151406
      camn
      Participant

      Like- peep this

       

      This is my normal behavoiur. Yours does not do this?

    • #151413
      camn
      Participant

      Now THAT is normal, and expected.
      There is no way to change it… but there is a workaround.

      While the effect is bypassed… You can still use the expression pedal. Just set the pedal to the position you want it to be in when you re-activate the pedal… And bingo. You engage the effect with the desired settings.
      This also avoids the ‘jump’ in values when you start to use the expression again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.