TimeFactor Knobs not working at all in whatever mode I’m in

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Knobs not working at all in whatever mode I’m in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dieszel

Has anyone experienced an issue where none of the knobs worked on the timefactor? They just all stopped and can't do anything with them. I tried initializing it and factory default but it still doesn't work right. Please help anyone.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – it sounds like a hardware fault. You should contact your dealer if you bought it recently, otherwise support@eventide.com

Dieszel

So you're saying there couldn't be a setting that would prevent these knobs from working? Could the device changed certain settings after I upgraded to V3.5.0 [4]? I wouldn't know which settings would do that since the manual doesn't explain settings in detail. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Without having the unit in front of me for a few hours I can't tell you for sure what is wrong with it. But, if you have successfully re-initialized it without fixing the problem that would point to a hardware issue. I would respectfully suggest that you follow my previous advice.

dejvid
      Participant

This has happened to me too. What had you done to fix it?

proton321
      Participant

I have got the same problem – it must be a design fault as there are 3 people on this post with the same problem

manyhats180

This recently happened to me.

Before the knobs stopped working, I had experienced glitching where the timefactor cycles through a bunch of parameters one after another after another.  I’d link to the other forum post describing that issue but the link to your own forum is blocked by the spam filter lol.  If you google for “Timefactor knobs glitching” the thread is called “Timefactor is Glitching / Going Crazy – HELP!”.

I did the same fix as described in that thread (open the unit, re-seat the connector between the two circuit boards) and now the knobs are working again.

proton321
      Participant

Yes, this is the fix. The problem is the cables and plugs that connect the boards together.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.