timefactor looper

Home Forums Products Stompboxes timefactor looper

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      randrohe

Hello All,

I recently bought a used timefactor and can not seem to get the looper to work.

I am in play mode, in looper mode, the bill board indicates “empty”, all the other controls seem relevant, ie punch, dub, etc. I have reinitialized the unit settings and presets, tried it with a aux footswitch plugged in and out, and with a midi in cord in and out.

The unit otherwise seems fully fuctionable.

At a lose.. wondering if i should send it in, but it seems like I am overlooking something.

I have the 5.2 paperwork with it, so I assume that is the OS/

I looked in the manual to check it and the serial number, and it says to hold the encoder down, but that doesnt seem to bring up any info…

So, as my first post I will say I love the unit, and it is likely user error, but, it being a used unit, I have to wonder?

If I am to send it in, what is the minimum bench fee?

Thanks for any and all input.

Randy

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

My guess is that you have some learning ahead of you. For example, to see the serial number, you need to hold down the right foot switch AND the encoder.

I would suggest you persevere before spending money.

If you give up, support@eventide.com

randrohe

Ok, serial number aside, when I’m in looper mode ( empty) and play mode, pressing the left foot switch does not start recording. Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Do you have MIDI clock enabled ? It might be waiting for the beat.

randrohe

I beleive I disabled any midi input / control and have physically removed the cable, but still no luck.

So, I have again restored factory settings. Can we take it from there?

I assume that if I were to walk into a music shop with this on display, and cash in my hand, that the factory initialized settings would allow the looper to function without any menu diving.

That is what Im looking for.

I appreciate your time

randrohe

I appreciate any input, but my anxiety lies in the fact that I have a 7 day return policy on it, which is now down to 4 days.

just want to make sure one of the basic features functions properly.

There is very little info on the net and I like to save asking profesional advice until I don’t come across as unwilling to RTFM.

Thanks again

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't understand your 7-day return policy – our new products have a one year warranty.

If you have bought it second hand, you should be discussing these issues with your vendor. Many used products are sold because they have problems, and do not benefit from the manufacturers guarantee.

randrohe

Reverb.com purchase. I rolled the dice. My purcahse policies aside, after initializing factory settings, move into looper mode, no midi cables plugged in. encoders are relevant to looper mode, in play mode as indicated by the bypass billboard, what am I missing plz?

wedelich
        Eventide Staff
        randrohe wrote:

Reverb.com purchase. I rolled the dice. My purcahse policies aside, after initializing factory settings, move into looper mode, no midi cables plugged in. encoders are relevant to looper mode, in play mode as indicated by the bypass billboard, what am I missing plz?

What is the record lenght set at?  If you have the latest software (you might have to menu dive in the system mode to be sure), this will be on the DLYMIX knob.  It needs to be something larger than 0 secs obviously.  Since you bought it used, it might be worth just updating it fresh to be sure.  We can never really know what state it was sold to you in. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I assume you have tried "Restoring Factory System Settings." If so, and still no good, you will probably have to send it in.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.