Timefactor Looper shortening my loops

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Looper shortening my loops

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      pillarcat

Hello,

I have been using loopers for years and usually use an EH 2880. However I am doing some smaller gigs and have stripped my pedal board back. I was intending to use the Timefactor to loop some things. However I cannot get it to keep the length of my loop. It seems to either cut off the start or the end. This does not occur until 3 or 4 loops around. It is not a timing issue on my behalf. I have updated to V3.

Any thoughts? It is useless as a looper in this state.

Stephen

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

I would like to verify this. And say that I have been documenting this "feature" for a while….It has happened on 2 upgrades, and hasn't been fixed.

pillarcat

In addition to this after much experimentation I find an audible click appears to sonically pervade each overdub. While i find this a sometimes usable sound i can only think of it as an added flaw.

I will say that looper aside V3 has really pushed this pedal to a unique position as an expressive and  creative tool. I think i will have to go back to using the 2880 for my loops. I even play with no shoes on to catch the loop exactly and the 2880 never misses a beat.

Stephen

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

Sorry, this seems to be an issue we were unaware of.  I just checked the looper and wasn't able to reproduce this bug.  Can you help me find it by giving me a series of steps that always reproduces it?

Thanks,

Dan

pillarcat

Hi Dan,

Here is an audio example of the problem.

[View:http://forum.eventide.com/cs/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.81.51/Timefactor-looper-error.mp3%5D

As you can hear the loop looses a portion of my initial loop over a short period of time. It does not occur on the first loop. These are only rough examples and are not perfect but you can clearly hear the error. Although this does not happen in every instance, it does seem to occur more often than not. This renders the unit unreliable.

I look forwards to your thought and I am quite happy to submit more examples and to work with you in any necessary way in order to rectify the problem.

Best,

Stephen.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Stephen,

I do hear that, thank you.  Can you tell me a little bit about your setup, just so I can try to reproduce the problem.  Are you using tempo on or off?  Are you using Midi?  Do you have the looper record length set before you record, or are you manually stopping the recording by hitting the play button (it sounds like the second from the video, but I need to check)?  Also, what is the speed set to?

Thanks for your feedback, I assure you we're looking into this issue and will fix it asap.

Thanks,

Dan

RobC

I am having the identical issue.  My unit is about 18 months old and had 1.1 firmware. I hadn't ever used the looper (I have others) till recently.  Observed this problem frequently/usually but not always, pretty much as described and demo'd above.  Upgraded to most recent firmware and still have the problem.  

pillarcat

Hi,

Problem is solved by turning off tempo function. The unit will quantize attempt to the loops otherwise.

Hope this works.

Stephen

RobC

Solved.  Thanks!  

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.