Timefactor memory problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor memory problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Etienne
      Participant

Hi,

my TF has a memory problem, a bug or a backup battery fault…??

I use it in Bank mode and when I power off then power on, it always come back in play mode.

My preset are still here when I go back in bank mode, but now I can't no more save a preset, when I push the encoder to confirm the save, it fails, something unreal appears on the screen (never the same thing), and then it's blocked, and I have to power on again, sometimes it power off directly…

Thanks for telling me what can I do to solve this problem,  possibly not to loose my favorite preset.

Etienne

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can probably fix the preset problems by setting the unit to Factory defaults (see User Manual).

But, the cause of this problem is less obvious. It could be a faulty power supply – are you using the one that came with it ?

Etienne
      Participant

yes, I was thinking about restore factory preset, but I have to save my preset first, have to see how to do it.

I use a Cioks DC10, but the problem is still there when Iuse the original Power supply.

You think it's more a soft problem, not a battery fault, don't know if there's one ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is no battery. It just .. remembers.

Or to be exact, it should remember. Power supply issues can make it forgetful, but if it is not this, it would suggest a hardware problem.

Etienne
      Participant

ok thanks, I guess all I have to do is to  try a reset after saving my preset.

I hope it will solve the problem…

Etienne
      Participant

so I 've done the initializing procedure, and the problem is still there, it bugs when I want to save a preset.

What can I do now, something that I can check inside or other things ?

Thanks again for answering.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sounds like support@eventide.com. Sorry.

Etienne
      Participant

Good news, I've loaded the last version software and it seems that the problem disapear.

I can now save my preset and it remembers all the parameters.

I check my PS Cioks DC10, and it gives 8.69V, don't think that was the problem ?

I hope the problem will not come back again.

Bye !

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.