- This topic is empty.
August 22, 2010 at 2:01 am #107226omaudioMember
Is it possible?
August 23, 2010 at 3:09 pm #120693nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
Don't see why not.
August 23, 2010 at 7:16 pm #120697omaudioMember
Thanks- but a very helpful reply. Obviously I have tried it- enabled midi clock out and read the manual and it does not seem to work. I would appreciate any *first hand* experience with this topic.
August 23, 2010 at 7:44 pm #131884nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
We maybe have to go deeper.
1) Does the MIDIclock out work for you under any circumstances ?
2) Have you tried it with the other effects ?
3) What exactly does it not do that you expect it to (i.e. define work).
Some side issues (sorry if these are obvious) – have you made sure that:
1) You are using the latest S/W version ?
2) CLK OUT is set to ON ?
3) OUTPUT is set to XMT ?
August 23, 2010 at 9:47 pm #131887omaudioMember
1- yes in delay mode
2- see #1
3- send midi clock to a Korg ES-1 sampling sequencer
4- yes- latest firmware
August 23, 2010 at 9:59 pm #131889nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
You are making me work hard here. The more information you give, the quicker we can resolve it.
In answer to "What exactly does it not do that you expect it to (i.e. define work).", you say "send midi clock to a Korg ES-1 sampling sequencer". In what way does it not work ?
1) Sends nothing
2) Sends the wrong tempo
3) Sends unreliably.
4) Some other problem. If so, what ?
December 7, 2010 at 11:42 pm #132296omaudioMember
So- I've had more time to work with it and get a better understanding myself of the issues. Basically when I create a loop the TF never seems to interpret it as the BPM or number of beats it actually is. So the midi to the drum machine is off to begin with.
1. When in loop mode there seems to be no way to control what the BPM is interpreted as unless you set it in delay mode first. I can never create a loop and have either the tempo or BPM decently reflect what I played- really frustrating. I even just tried the simplest 4/4 loop and it just seems to want to interpret it in some odd way.
2. I was going to say the drum machine drifts but have realized it is because the TF has not interpreted the loop as anything close to what I input.
I am used to my Echoplex Digital which just always seems to "get it" and create the correct number of beats for what you played. The TF is more challenging and clearly I need to learn how to make it perform this way but the fact that it does not out of the box is frustrating. I mean we are talking about playing a simple 4/4 loop and having an attached drum machine follow.
Thanks- oh also I upgraded to beta v3 FYI.
March 10, 2011 at 6:56 am #121696omaudioMember
So gathering from other posts this is a known and frustrating issue. The TF has no intelligence to follow or send midi clock in loop mode with regards to start point. I can only hope this can be addressed in a future update. I love the box- sounds so good and has some really fantastic features that I use and love.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.