TIMEFACTOR Modulation Delay – Modulation Type Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TIMEFACTOR Modulation Delay – Modulation Type Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      diegoarts

Hi,

i played a bit with a Delay Pedal with FX loop and was amazed by the effect you can get when you introduce a thru-zero flanger.

in the timefactor as far as i can tell, there are two ways of "modulation insert fx":

1. Band Delay with a band filter in the delay line, which sounds more like phaser or wah-like repeats.

2. Modulation: Chorus, Vibe, even light Flange maybe. Dunno, as it's all about waveforms (see ModDelay).

Would it be possible to introduce a thru-zero-flange effect as a bonus in the ModDelay (or maybe Tape or Vintage – would make more sense here, or wouldn't it?).

Could this be a future upgrade?! This would be amazing.

Thanks

diego

llemtt
      Participant

Hi

you can get a "positive summing" tzf by using moddelay delay A set at 0ms delay!

cheers

Teo

javiceres
      Participant

Yes, but I guess he´s talking about flanger ont the delayed signal only…

It would be killer if Eventide would add FX Loop functionality in the TimeFactor and the rest of the factor pedals, can you imagine that in the 910-949 algorithm or in any delay?

diegoarts

Yes, thanks, that was exactly what i meant. TZF-Flanger (or other Modulation FX) only on the delayed signal.

would be amazing.

llemtt
      Participant

Ok understood, actually you can't get modulation fx on delayed signal only… Sad

I already subscribed to another user wish to have the possibility, in a future upgrade, to modulate only one of the two delay lines.

This is a simple sw update that lets you add flanger/chorus to a single delay!

cheers

Teo

javiceres
      Participant

Well, there's always the possibility of using a parallel fx loop, like a Boss LS-2, using the TimeFactor in kill dry mode and putting the pedal of your choice before or after the TimeFactor in the loop chain.

Wounded Paw has very nice offers for FX Loopers/mixers BTW.

I'm actually looking forward to getting a nice parallel FX mixer/looper. I'd love to mix the TimeFactor and Space in parallel…

Cheers

javiceres
      Participant

BTW, serial routing in TF delays would allow the effect described above.

llemtt
        Participant
        javiceres wrote:
        BTW, serial routing in TF delays would allow the effect described above.

Yes as you say it “would” but it’s not exactly sufficient because actually you can’t modulate just one of the two delay lines, and maybe without a parallel fx loop you’ll need also a “global” parallel dry path.

Serial routing would be a wonderful addition in his own but at best you’ll end up with a “modulated delay” followed by a TZF…

cheers

coirbidh_99
      Participant

This seems an appropriate place to reiterate my request for an FX LOOP routing option to go with the existing PRE/POST and WET/DRY options.  You could fake it with the WET/DRY, but I’d rather not have to add an external mixer to my board.  It would also be terribly sensible as a third option along with PRE/POST, so that users have the flexibility to switch between pedals-in-line with the Factor and pedals-in-Factor-loop, rather than dedicating one or more pedals to occasional use in the FX LOOP.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.