timefactor -> no output signal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes timefactor -> no output signal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      frabo
      Participant

Hi,

I had the problem, that, from one day to another, my timefactor has no output anymore. Nothing changed from day to day, just stoped sending any audio to the outputs ! 

And the H9 is always loos the usb connection. I made a total rest and a software update, without succsess. 

The unit was in service at eventide 1 and 1/2 year ago, is there a warrentry of the repair at eventide? 

But, what works is the following: unplug everything except the usb, plug the usb direct, not over a hub, and then downgrading to 3.5, restart, upgrade to 5.2 again. 

Now it works again, but can I trust the unit ? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. My guess is that is some kind of upgrade related issue. I would suggest that you do a complete reset of the unit (see "Restoring FactoryEffects Presetrs and System Settings:" in the UM). Apologies if this is what you meant by a "total rest".

frabo
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry you are having trouble. My guess is that is some kind of upgrade related issue. I would suggest that you do a complete reset of the unit (see “Restoring FactoryEffects Presetrs and System Settings:” in the UM). Apologies if this is what you meant by a “total rest”.

Yes, I made a complete reset of the unit as I sad, I have to go down to 3.5 and than up to 5.2 again. After that the unit works again. 

Befor the Timefactor stops the output it shows me sometimes a “C” with a percentage about 70..78 and other counts.

What does that mean ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid I don't have a solution. Obviously they don't all do this.

The C<number>% message is a debug feature that you should not normally see. It needs a "magic" keypress to display it, and is not usually accessible on release versions.

All I can really suggest is that you wait till it happens again and then send it it in. Or send it in anyhow, but we may not see a problem.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.