Timefactor Patch to Patch midi Latency?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Patch to Patch midi Latency?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Imerkat
      Participant

"switch from patch to patch via midi with out any latecy problem? Will it switch instantly with out any glitches? Reason i’m asking, this was the deal breaker with me on another popular Midi capable delay pedal. The slight pause when switching between programed patches screws with my tunes. "

Does the Timefacgtor do that?

I'm looking to switch patches via midi in the future and was wondering if the complaint above is true? anyone using midi to switch run into this problem?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

TimeFactor is pretty quick at switching between non-Looper presets. The other pedals are a little slower – they have more stuff to do for a preset change.

Imerkat
      Participant

Yes, but is it seamless? specially switching to a different algorithm via midi?

This person said a slite pause was noticable on his/her recordings

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It will usually go to an electronic bypass mode with a crossfade when changing presets. This will not be seamless but should not be offensive – a slight pause might describe it..

Essentially, making any major changes to any audio effect will have an audible result, almost by definition. One would not normally change presets with a signal going through the unit. You may be asking for too much here.

Imerkat
      Participant

I jus at wanted to know if it's true so can plan accordingly Smile

timothyhill

If it helps, in my experience, any delay switching presets is barely noticable if at all (except sometimes on Space and very rarely on PF – I don't use the Looper in TF). Having SPILL on and using DSP+FX bypass helps a lot. Of course, most of this depends on how I use them, so your experience may be different. But IMHO, it's something that can be easily worked around, if you even notice it at all.

Imerkat
      Participant

Well I should of given some background information. Just wanted to know if I should put in a bypass loop or always in the signal chain.. My current setup's signal is overloaded with buffers and is degrading my tone.  I want to use midi bypass as much as possible so I can utilize Stereo outputs. There is not much  out there with stereo routing and midi capabilities and pedalboard friendly. As soon as i decide on the routing system I’ll most likely be needing more help. 🙂

phil21guitar

I have recently noticed that since upgrading to 3.5 there is a noticable delay in midi switching between standard delay patches that was not present before (been using successfully live for years).  Is it possible to downgrade to the older version please as it is comletely unusable live?

gkellum
        Participant
        phil21guitar wrote:

I have recently noticed that since upgrading to 3.5 there is a noticable delay in midi switching between standard delay patches that was not present before (been using successfully live for years).  Is it possible to downgrade to the older version please as it is comletely unusable live?

If you want to send an email to support@eventide.com and let us know what TimeFactor version you were using before, we'd be happy to send you that version of the software so you can reinstall it.

gkellum
        Participant
        phil21guitar wrote:

By the way instead of downgrading, you might want to try upgrading to the latest TimeFactor software, which is version 5.2.0[6].  This version did speed up the loading of algorithms compared to the version you were unhappy with.

phil21guitar

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried 5.2.0[6] but it’s still unusable.  I am not sure of the software I was using before, i remember upgrading and it doubled the number of channels and allowed you to rename a patch. – It’s basically the latest version of that upgrade.  Hope this helps.  

gkellum
        Participant
        phil21guitar wrote:

Thanks for the quick response, I have tried 5.2.0[6] but it's still unusable.  I am not sure of the software I was using before, i remember upgrading and it doubled the number of channels and allowed you to rename a patch. – It's basically the latest version of that upgrade.  Hope this helps.  

Ok, I just sent you an email with a link to a zip containing some older TimeFactor releases.

phil21guitar

Hi there,

Reverting to 3.0.0[19] did the trick,no more latency when swithching between pathches.  I have to say that my Timefactor is one of the original ones and so you may have updated the processor / added more resources in later models but I was really worried as there is no way that I could have used the pedal live and it’s becoame essential to my sound.  Thanks so much for helping me out!!!

Regards

Phil

gkellum
        Participant
        phil21guitar wrote:

Thanks so much for helping me out!!!

Glad to hear that you got that worked out and that you're getting along with your TimeFactor again.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.