timefactor power supply and a good expression pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes timefactor power supply and a good expression pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      6adam7
      Participant

Greetings fellow TF users….

Ive just received mine and thought I would hit you guys for your thoughts on a couple of issues…..

OK….what is other users experience with pedal power supply's that will power the TF AND other pedals?…the only one I seemed to have found is the T-rex fuel tank9 maybe a couple of others very similar)….but am still unsure as to whether it'll do the trick..( I HATE freekin wall warts!!)

and,….has anybody had any experience with an expression pedal to suit the timefactor which isnt made of plastic like all of em seem to be…it reaaly irks me that I get such a good quality pedal like the timefactor but then have to use a wall wart for power and use a crappy piece of plactic to "express" myself..

Any input would be much appreciated
      Cheers,

steve
      6adam7

18watt

I use the Boss FV-500L. It's made of metal. And, it's in the FAQ. 😉

achaput

Eventide Stompboxes will work with any Expression Pedal that is a simple resistive load (potentiometer) with a max value of 20kOhms. We've successfully used the Roland EV-5 (set the trim pot to 0), the Line6, and the Boss FV-500L (connect with a stereo cable).

As for power, currently we only recommend using the power supply that comes with the stompbox. However, Voodoo Labs is working on a new version of their Pedal Power that will be compatible with Eventide Stompboxes.

Alan 

roberts2008

Hi Alan,

We've been discussing this issue over at the Gear Page – I used the Pedal Power 2+ in Line 6 mode and it powers the TimeFactor fine with no noise for a few gigs now.  Is there an issue with that?  What's different between the TimeFactor's power requirements than the Line 6 Dl4?  They both say 1200mA.

Thanks! 

Trazan

We've successfully used the Roland EV-5 (set the trim pot to 0), the Line6, and the Boss FV-500L (connect with a stereo cable).

Does this mean that you recommend FV-500L over FV-500H? Or just that you didn't try the H-version?

18watt

For expression purposes, the impedance doesn't matter. The "H" and "L" only apply to the the volume in/outs.

qbqdavid

Hi,

I am just putting things together on my pedalboard with a new voodoo lab 2+ too. Plugged both the Time and Mod Facgtors into the Line6 outs. All good at first, then the ModFactor started freaking out. Kept re-starting, like in a constant loop. Only thing that got it settled was putting it back onto its original supply.

Do Time and Mod have the same power requirements? Should the VooDoo lab supply work with both?

Alternately, I have an old Alesis supply that says it has 830 ma output. It's a lot smaller than the Eventide. Should that work?

Thanks!

David

18watt

I'm fairly certain that the instructions say to use only the supplied Eventide power supplies?

BTW, if you look at an Eventide power supply, you'll see that they provide 9VDC @ 1200 mA. None of the Voodoo Lab supplies get anywhere near this rating.

qbqdavid

Hey,

Thanks for the note. Yeah, I know the info says use their power supply. Everyone's says that, don't they? I was hoping that, like with the Line6 pedals, the reported 1200 would be in reality much less. Like the 200 the Line6 actually use, according to voodoo lab. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. 🙂 But I do wonder about the 830 ma unit I mentioned. Any idea what the actual draw is on the eventide?

Thanks,

David

Ihate100bees

Careful… about using the voodoo lab to power your DL4… in my house it works fine but… in a venue where many things are on the same A/C lines (lights, PA, house, etc, etc…. the variable draw could lessen the amount of miliamps you get to your board. Most pedals will bare it but… NOT the DL4! It will power down and up – down and up. It really does needs the supply it comes with. That's why I got rid of it, for the Time factor. Just not power dependable. Good Luck!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.