Timefactor question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hywelg

Before i ask the question I think I ought to let Eventide engineers know they are doing themselves no favours at all in being so restrictive about information relating to software updates.

I need a delay pedal but wasn't really considering the TF (actually more interested in the PF at the moment) until i found out about the looper, however to be really useful the looper needs a much longer record period, especially for live use.

So I was trying to find out if there is any intention in the future to extend the length of time the looper will work over. 12 seconds is just too short for live use if I wanted to record a guitar rhythm part to solo over. Now there must be scope to extend the time just by lowering the bitrate and for live use this would probably be fine. In the studio the problem probably doesn't exist anyway. 30 seconds would be so much more useful.

tgumley

The TimeFactor can do 24 seconds of looping. It means losing slight amounts of sound quality, though I don't notice it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The looper time is entirely determined by the amount of memory in the unit (which cannot easily be changed) and the playback quality, which can.

The longest playback time settings give what we consider the lowest acceptable quality.

For the above reasons, the playback time of this product cannot be increased.

Looping is only one of the many features of this box – if it is the only one that interests you, there may be other products which will suit better.

hywelg

Can you tell me then, what is the maximum length of time for the looper and how do you set it. I will then go to my local retailer and demo it.

And no I wouldn't be buying it primarily for the looper, to me the looper would be an added bonus on top of some excellenat delays, which is what I really would be buying the pedal for.

Thanks,, Hywel Harris

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

tgumley:

The TimeFactor can do 24 seconds of looping. It means losing slight amounts of sound quality

In fact (according to the manual and our engineers) it can do 24 seconds, and in another mode it can do 48 seconds. It does this by reducing the bandwidth, so you will want to check out the quality for yourself.  These times are mono (single channel).

You will need to read the online User Manual to find out how to change the duration and other settings.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.