Timefactor Questions – Please help.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Questions – Please help.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tonepowers

Greetings folks!

I recently got a Space Reverb and could not be happier with the pedal. In fact, I love it so much I went out and bought a Timefactor to go with it! Obviously, given the depth and versatility of the pedals my brain is in complete tweak overload!

I am loving the sounds from these units but am finding the Timefactor a little harder to wrap my head around for some reason. I am used to having a delay unit and using an EB Jr. for the expression pedal. However, in switching to the Timefactor, I am having issues with the EB Jr. that I did not have with the Digitech Timebender.

Questions:

1) I have set the heel and toe of the EB Jr. but the ramp up from 0 to 100 for instance is very sharp. It goes from 0 to 40 with very little movement and all the way to 100 way before getting to the toe. I very much need to work this out as I cannot afford to be looking at my feet to see what number I am at. I need to know half way is 50 etc by feel. Anyone else experience this or know how to address it?

2) I bought an FSX3 to go with the Timefactor as well. Can someone tell me how to set it up to make the FSX3 control the Banks and leave the pedal in play mode so I can use the pedals tap tempo. Or is there a better way to use the FSX3 that I should consider?

I appreciate your input and help!

I love these units and the endless possibilities! Once I get through the learning curve I am excited and the what these units can do! KUDOS Eventide!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As far as I can see, the EB Jr is a volume pedal, not an expression pedal. This means that it will have a logarithmic (non-linear) characteristic, which would explain your 50% problem, and also has a very high resistance (250k) which would explain the 100 problem.

Essentially, the 'Factor wants to see a linear pot with a resistance of about 25k. A true expression pedal will have this (some have adjustment), or, if you paricularly love the EB, some people change the pots for expression pedal use.

Tonepowers

Thanks. I believe the EB Jr I have is the 25k since they come in both 250k & 25k versions. As I said, it worked fine with other units.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The EB Web Site information is pretty skimpy, so it's not clear (to me) whether the track is logarithmic or linear. They describe it as a volume pedal, which suggests the former.

You might want to confirm that your pedal really is 25k, since the symptoms you describe are those of the 250k.

Tonepowers

Thanks, will do!

Is it possible to have the TimeFactor in Play mode so I can use the tap and freeze on the pedal but use the FS3X to change / set the bank? The default is obviously the reverse of this with the FS3X controlling the on / off, freeze, and tap. Since the FS3X is not mounted to my pedal board it would make setting the tap tempo easier live. What setup do you like for live use?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you set one of the AUX switches to control FS3, when you are in PLAY mode this will operate as in BANK mode, meaning it will step through the banks.

guitarlesson

If you're not sure if your EB Jr. pedal is 25k or 250k, it's probably 250k. The EB Jr. 25k has "25k Ohm Pedal" in large, green lettering above one of the rear jacks. The 250k just says "Volume Pedal" on the back.

Tonepowers

Thanks. I'm just going to buy an M Audio EX-P and be done with it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.