Timefactor Repeat function

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Repeat function

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Styrioci

Hi Eventide,

are there any plans for future to update repeat function so it will act in similar way like freeze in Space pedal? I mean it will allow us to overdub signal which is "locked"  by repeat function.

but this could be done by simply using 100% feedback + repeat function + spillover on and when the desired layer is created then switch to another preset and play with that over spillover signal withc 100% feedback..am I right?

Styrioci

I'm sorry, I think this could be deleted, because it's possible to overdub repeated signal.. Smile my mistake

brock
      Participant

I hope that you don't mind me 'piling on' here, styrioci.  (It sounds as if you've resolved your request for the moment.)  But your quote below sounds a lot like a feature that would be a good fit for the PitchFactor, too.

Quote:
      are there any plans for future to update repeat function so it will act in similar way like freeze in Space pedal? I mean it will allow us to overdub signal which is "locked"  by repeat function.

In the H901/H949 algorithm, the REPEAT function under Play mode seems to play back a fixed buffer of about 200 ms.  Now, if that buffer could be made continuously variable … it'd have to be a gesture such as press & hold REPEAT — turn the encoder to change the buffer from 10-200 ms. (or whatever) – release the REPEAT footswitch.

I wouldn't think that there'd be more than 200 ms. available.  But if it was dialed down to tens of milliseconds or so … infinite sustain of three frozen intervals .  One small change adds a Freeze-Hog pedal on steroids to the feature set.  I don't know about the DSP challenges, or how the code is written.  Sounds relatively painless on paper, though (doesn't it, Russ?).

Styrioci

no problem mate 🙂 I think it's cool feature for everyone who wants to mess around with time based effects. doesn't matter if it's Space, Time factor or Pitch factor. And I think that Pitch factor owners could be interested in freeze/repeat feature more than ever after the latest FW update where Pitch factor delay times were enhanced to 2000 ms 🙂

I was little bit confused because I was playing through my home, headphone based rig at low volumes and the signal which was played over repeated signal wasn't well recognizable

sumpe13
      Participant

I am having a similar wish. I am new to the Timefactor. Am I able to get more of a freeze effect? The problem I have is when I am having choruses/flange sounds out of the Timefactor, when using repeat, the sounds become this fastly repeating delays – nothing like the smooth sounds when the pedal is on without the Repeat function. Any help, please? 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.