TimeFactor Spillover and DSP+DLY Bypass; 100% Dry as bypass option

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Spillover and DSP+DLY Bypass; 100% Dry as bypass option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      stalemate

Hi Guys, hope you can help the newb get a grasp on all this.

OK, I'm just trying to understand the difference between the Spillover and DSP+DLY Bypass, because I'm incapable of achieving my expected result, and I figure my ignorance is playing a factor in it!

If I undestand correctly, DSP+DLY Bypass option would allow for a spillover when the unit is bypassed/inactive, and Spill=ON would allow for a spillover when the unit is active and a preset change occurs. euh … right?! 🙂

On another note, I've found myself creating a dummy preset (100% dry) in order to avoid stepping all over the place when a program change message is sent via MIDI (as a temporary workaround .. I hope, as I read that the only way to achieve the BYPASS was through CC messages). Is this the only way of faking a bypass by sending one message (program change) from my fcb1010 (one tap)?

OK, back to the Spillover and DSP+DLY Bypass issue. Well, in fact, there doesn't seem to be an issue with the Bypass option, it's great, but the SPILL doesn't seem to work at all.

Let's say I use preset 1:1 as my dummy 100% dry preset for patches that contain no delay.
      When switching from a preset which contains delay (e.g. 1:2) to my preset that doesn't (i.e 1:1), There is no SPILL whatsoever, cuts offs competely at the time the preset change occurs. Also, when changing from a preset (e.g. 2:1) to another that isn't my fake bypass (e.g. 1:2) the trail seems to pickup the new preset (e.g. 1:2) and not its previous preset (2:1). Is this making sense? Is this the expected behaviour?!

Thanks for you help!! Much appreciated.

pdouds

i tried making a dry patch on my modfactor, and there was a noticable difference in the tone, weird.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.