TimeFactor Startup issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Startup issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      guyeder
      Participant

Hi There,

I’m having a problem with my timefactor when I plug the power in its startup for 2 seconds and shuts off immediately.

If I take the power cable out and plugged it in again, it shuts off after 1 second.

If I let it cool down it’s back to the 2 seconds startup and shuts off.

I thought that something there might get overheated so I put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes and when I plugged it in it worked! It went through the startup process and worked as usual. sometimes after a few hours on a hot day, it shuts off again.

I’ve already contacted support and they asked me to send it over to the US for repair. the thing is that I live far away from the US and to send it over will cost almost as buying a brand new unit.

Update already been done (after cooling the unit down to a very low temp).

Now, I’m trying to fix it myself. I wonder if it’s an issue with the DSP itself or with another component.

Do you think you can help me with that? If you do I will be extremely thankful for that and of course, I will take full responsibility for any damage.

Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.