TimeFactor Stompbox – Loud clicking INSIDE the box itself

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Stompbox – Loud clicking INSIDE the box itself

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      bohan
      Eventide Staff

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware and factory reset?

mattbodom
      Participant

Hi, i posted this on reddit and was told to post here.

I have a timefactor and a space stompbox and i’m noticing loud clicks coming from inside the pedal itself. It sounds like the noise when you cycle bypass modes.

I haven’t noticed any weird audio behaviour though, however this is bugging me. It starts almost as soon as i turn the unit on, sometimes it may take 10-20 minutes. I also think that changing the preset temporarily stopped it, but only for a few minutes.

I have it setup as

Killdry ON

Bypass DSP FX

Any help is greatly appreciated, thankyou

oszillo
      Participant

same here. Since firmware 3.2 my Timefactor was completely prone. Not usable at all.

And surprise..

just startet working again since i was able to push firmware 5.2 via H9 Control onto the stompbox yesterday.

I have freakin crazy pop sounds since firmware 3.5 that for sure come from buffer overflows or other software flaws. 

Output 1 is not working at all no matter what i set. The timefactor starts sometime overdrives ending up in bitcrushy sounds that only disappear when i restart the device, changing preset or stopping input doesn’t stop it. When i check levels with H9 Control i see peaks properly for all in and outputs..

When i turn the device off again output 1 is working again, so to speak its not a broken cable.

If i start telling all discovered bugs it becomes a 3 or 4 page letter. 

owning a H9, Space and Timefactor. 

PS: I wish all the software would be straight practical oriented instead of shiny blinky blinky.

I mean.. being developer (ios/mac/audio) myself, even thought of rewriting the whole thing (H9 Control).

PS2: but for sure all the trouble i run into with Timefactor and H9 Control made me aware that i should invest in other brands for Echo and Halls. Sorry!

Not writing this because i may be pissed. Writing because i know those bugs will not be solved in the near future.

oszillo
      Participant

Yes and censorship for device owning members does not make it better. So trumpish this forum.. freakin right what i wrote. well earned.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

From what you wrote it sounds like firmware 5.2 has fixed your issues. What other issues do you have with your TimeFactor? What level (guitar/line) do you use for the ins and outs?

PS: I also don't get the censorship part.

jeffigueirinha
      Participant

Good morning, from Brazil, I have a PitchFactor and it has the same noise problems coming from the system, I used balanced cables and nothing changes, when I turn on the unit it works for a few minutes and then the noises start, I noticed that some effects accentuate the noises ( Harpegiador , Synthonizer , H910 / H949), already replaces the source, I used a sinusoidal UPS and it continues without conditions of use this unit, unfortunately.

staleplav
      Participant

same here. pitchfactor starts cracking after 3-5 minutes of using it . firmware 5.2 doesn’t help.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Are you all using the supplied power supply  ? If not, please try it.

Another thing – does it vary with different presets ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.