Timefactor stuck in bypass

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor stuck in bypass

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      kuharido

Hi,

I just got a new Timefactor but it is acting wierd, as if it was "stuck" in bypass or something, so in play mode when i press the leftmost switch (active/bypass) the effect never engages, and the LED above the switch never light, and in bank mode it is the same, the patch does not engage and is not applied, and LED is off as well

So basically the box is just letting dry signal through and thats it, I cannot apply any effect, any hints ?

I tried the update utility, says i have 2.0.3[2] , site says there is a new beta 2.4.0 but the Eventide update utility doesn't show that under the available updates for some reason

joeyray

Do the other switches work OK?

Joey

kuharido

Hey Joey,

The switches themselves actually work OK, which is wierd

I can verify that even the active/bypass switch is working because if i put the box into looper mode and i press the active/bypass leftmost switch (record in loop mode) it does begin to record. But nothing does get recorded

Its like the signal never passes through the actual delay block and the box is acting like a bypass brick

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This sounds like a hardware issue – you should contact support@eventide.com

kuharido

Hey Nickrose, thanks. I actually already contacted them but no response for a while now, send them two reminders already as well, nothing

Any other support options ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – I'll get on their case. You should hear before long.

joeyray

I agree.

There's something more than fluxing switches going on here…LOL

If it were me I 'd take or send it back and get another one that works that is if that's the case.

I'm assuming it was that way when you got it?

I wish I could be of more help.

I love my TF

I would be lost with out it

I'm going to do the update right now.

We'll see how that goes.

Be back

Joey

kuharido

Nickrose, many thanks for the help. Support almost immediately emailed me after your post 🙂

Their suggestion was to intialize the device and check that initialization is ok (by comparing the software serial number with the serial on the back of the box)

I had already tried that and didn't work, I notified them of that and waiting for a reply

Thanks again

kuharido

Ahhh Joeyray, man you are making me want this to work even more

I really wanna play around with it, I got some nice sounds out of it at the store

I bought it from the US while I was there. Now I am overseas and to ship it back for a replacement from Eventide would cost some. But I guess Ill have to do it because so far nothing works

And yes you assume right, it was as such when I took it out of the box, brand new :/

Good luck with the update man, do let us know  the how cool the new sounds are 🙂

joeyray

When you get one that works, I would not advise you to do the latest BETA update for it is full of bugs. The update just before it is cool though.I been using it for quite a while with no problems.Eventide has got some work to do on the new update. It is a BETA!

JOey

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hello Kuharido, sorry for any delay in respondng.  We have a new audio support technician on staff handling our emails and he is still catching up with the immense work load.  We are nearly caught up and are responding to all emails within one business day.

Thank you!

grglover
      Participant

I just bought a new Timefactor earlier tonight and I have the same problem – the unit appears to be stuck in bypass mode. I also tried the two factory reset steps. The orange light above the active button does not come on, but like the original poster's unit, it does blink red when doing resets.

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi grglover, you can either exchange your stompbox to the store from which it was purchased, or email support@eventide.com for a Return Authorization #.  Sorry for your troubles!

grglover
      Participant

Thank you. I'll return it to the store for a replacement.

DionLight99

I received a new Modfactor tonight and I too am having the same problem – the unit appears to be stuck in bypass mode. I also tried the two factory reset steps. The orange light above the active button does not come on, except when initially plugging in power to  the unit.

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi DionLight99, the same would apply to you, I'm afraid.  You can either exchange your stompbox to the store from which it was purchased, or email support@eventide.com for a Return Authorization #.  Sorry for everyone's troubles.  Please know that we have addressed this issue and expect few such reports.

ekajjake123

I just received my TimeFactor in the mail today and I too am having the same problem!!  I'm guessing I need to contact support too..?

kuharido

Hey there. Yup, that's what I had to do. I paid quite a bit for shipping as I'm overseas 🙁

Hope it sorts out nicely, looking forward to getting nice sounds out of this box

Anyhow you can contact support and they will issue you an RMA number and you ship it back to them. Ofcourse if you bought it from a store which is close to you you could just go and replace it there on the spot, as long as they have stock ofcourse

Good Luck

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.