Timefactor stuck in update mode

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor stuck in update mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gquinn

I tried updating to 3.5 today and the update crashed in the middle of the download. Now my TF is stuck in Update mode, and never gives the "Ready" screen. I have even tried powering down for 5 minutes and when powering up the TF goes right back to Update without pressing anything. Help please?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try the update again – if your software is corrupted (e.g. by a failed update) the system will remain in update mode.

bpamier
      Participant

Same thing happened to me just now with my MacBook Air. Had FactorLib running at the same time and it crashed the update.

After powering on, it goes to UPDATE and eventually to READY, however the update utility recognizes it as an invalid pedal.

Advice please??

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Do not run other applications while doing an update. Do not run other applications that use the pedal when you are trying to update it.

Please close all other applications and disconnect all USB cables except those going to the pedal or necessary keyboards, mice, etc. Then try the update again (a few times if necessary). If unsuccessful, try support@eventide.com.

bpamier
      Participant

Fixed after a restart of the Mac.

It would be an awesome idea to throw a dialog box to warn users of the possible issue. Since I have multiple Eventide pedals, the scenario was me working on my Pitchfactor presets and then remembering that there was a Timefactor update.

Thanks!

mac7ry

I'm having the same problem. I have restarted my Mac multiple times and my pedal is still stuck in update mode. any advice other than email eventide?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

mac7ry:

any advice other than email eventide

Sounds like you know what to do.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.