TimeFactor System Settings Do Not Save

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor System Settings Do Not Save

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rbuellmusic

I’ve tried everything I can imagine, but my brand new TimeFactor refuses to save System settings after it powers down. Simple stuff that is EXTREMELY ANNOYING TO HAVE TO SET OVER AND OVER EVERY TIME I TURN IT ON, like the number of banks and the bypass settings. I’ve rebooted the hardware, tried literally every version of the software, and nothing fixes it. If anybody out there knows some voodoo incantations or has some fancy incense to burn, im entertaining any and all options at this point.

xdadex
      rbuellmusic wrote:

I’ve tried everything I can imagine, but my brand new TimeFactor refuses to save System settings after it powers down. Simple stuff that is EXTREMELY ANNOYING TO HAVE TO SET OVER AND OVER EVERY TIME I TURN IT ON, like the number of banks and the bypass settings. I’ve rebooted the hardware, tried literally every version of the software, and nothing fixes it. If anybody out there knows some voodoo incantations or has some fancy incense to burn, im entertaining any and all options at this point.

I’m having the same issue. just started this week- and I’ve had this timefactor for years. help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure that you are using the supplied power supply. If you are, it sounds like a hardware problem and will have to come back. Sorry.

We've had a few cases where manufacturing has put in the wrong part (which has the same number as the right part) which can cause this.

frabo
      Participant

Oh, Oh, … I had the same problem after I updated to the latest version ! Please try it with version 3.5 

In my case, with 3.5 I had no trouble like this. But If I use the latest version (5), I had exactly the same problem. 

After a lot of mails with the support, I decide to send the unit to repair. It was verry expensive, 100 $ for repair, plus shipping from and back to germany, and last but not least import tax ! With a bit of luck, you can get a second hand for the same price… 

Eventide told me, that my unit had a problem with the write protect line to the flash … hmm,  I’m really interested to know, if some more users have the same problem only with version 5. 

Please try out, if it works with 3.5. 

dedovstas
      Participant

Unfortunately, I’ve got here in Germany a pitchfactor with the same problem, exactly as described on forum.

Still happy with the pedal and disappointed with that issue.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        dedovstas wrote:

I've got here in Germany a pitchfactor with the same problem, exactly as described on the forum.

Still happy with the pedal and disappointed with that issue.

Have you tried updating the software of your PitchFactor?

The user above your comment said version 3.5 works for him. Is that the same case for you?

dedovstas
      Participant

Sorry for my very late answer, but no, it didn’t help. BUT once I managed occasionally to save my settings in live situation. The power supply on stage was overloaded an the pedal restarted every time as the fogger was on. After the show I noticed, the the settings were saved, e.g. banks were always from 1 to 4. So I believe that was the trick. But I didn’t manage to repeat it at home. I’ve just got a second PF, which works perfect.

dedovstas
      Participant

Ok, I found a solution of the problem without changing anything in the pedal itself. Generally you have to find a way how to drop off the current slowly while powering down. It could be a different DC-adapter with a larger coapacitor or just a 9V rechargable power block as in my case. After the power block dries out, the power drops slower then if you would plug out the cable of the adapter. The settigs are saved after that. That worked 100% for my PF.

You can even make that easier if you connect in PARALLEL the adapter and 9V block. But it’s on your own risk.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.