TimeFactor Tap Temp Bug with FS3X?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes TimeFactor Tap Temp Bug with FS3X?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      KSmith

With FS3X in play mode:

Boot the unit.

Tap Tempo works fine 

Select Loop mode

Rec, Play Stop work fine

Change  to another mode

Tap Tempo is locked up

Cycle button 3 twice (long presses) to recover Tap tempo Function

or cycle the power.

Can someone else confirm this?

thanks,

k

afullerton
      Participant

Usually when there's a problem like this, it's solved in this way:
      Hold down the encoder knob and the tap switch. Turn the encoder until it says "aux sw". Then press the encoder again. Turn the encoder and make sure that tap is not assigned to more than one parameter. ESPECIALLY where you can assign FS1, FS2, or FS3 (these are the very last parameters under "aux sw"). You can assign your aux switches to FS1, FS2, and FS3. But you shouldn't have it assigned anywhere else. And, if you want your switches assigned somewhere besides FS1, FS2, or FS3, you shouldn't have anything assigned to FS1, FS2, or FS3. I had the same problem because I had the switches assigned in two places. It's easy to miss assigning FS1, FS2, and FS3 because they are at the very end.
      I hope this is helpful.

KSmith

Hi, afullerton,

I've been very careful to make sure about double assignments.

To clarify:

FS assignments are FS1<Tip, FS2<Rng, FS3<T+R.

No other assignments exist.

Global Tempo is Off

The Didgitech FS3X is indeed connected with a TRS cable. The Timefactor is in Bank Mode which puts the FS3X in control of Play functions (that may have been confusing in my first post).

It all works fine with the exception that the identity of FS3 does not get refreshed properly when leaving loop mode. 

For example:

I have a DigiDelay patch that was saved at 86bpm.

I select that patch and tap a tempo of 128bpm

Now, I select the loop patch and everything is fine.

I return to the DigiDelay patch. Pressing FS3 causes the display to report 86bpm (yes, understood), but no matter how many times I press it, I can't change that value. It seems the unit does know it should be back in tap function on FS3 but can't find the routine to calculate and reset the tempo.

In order to refresh the FS3 function, I have to cycle the unit from Bank mode to Play mode and back to Bank mode.Then it all works again.

It really seems like a line of code gets missed on returning from the loop function.

Thanks,

k

[ed] PS: The same scenario ensues whether you select patches by bank switching, or with just the encoder.

drooney

Hi Kevin,

We confirmed your findings and this is a bug. We have reported this to the engineers and we hope to have this resolved in a future software release. I cannot confirm when, but hopefully in the near future.

Actually to clarify this a bit further, we have just the Digitech FS300 not the FS3X, so the issue is not inherent to the aux switch but within the software itself.

Thank you for reporting this! Yes

KSmith

Thanks D.

I hope all is well for you and thanks again for your help on the 'pot'.

Up and running again and all is well.

I'm glad we have this issue nailed down. It was confusing the hell out me until I finally took the time to sort out the symptoms. I'm betting it will be a simple fix.

Ha Ha! I see you still have that 'Kevin' on the brain.

Best…

Keith

drooney

Ha, ha sorry about that Keith. I had a late night for a school night Party!!!and the brain is mixing up letters today Confused

Glad all is well with the replacement "pot" too. Yes you are correct in stating that the only way to clear out the issue about not being able to tap in a new tempo to any preset immediately after having used looper, is to go to Play mode then back to Bank mode.

Thanks again!

I just received my Timefactor in the mail… Is there still a problem or bug when using the Digitech FS3X Footswich? I have the latest software. I was about to pick up one. Thanks

KSmith

Fixed in the 2.4.1 beta and 2.4.2 updates. It's great now.

k

Is 2.4.2 the latest update? or is it the .1 beta? Thanks

KSmith

2.4.2  -a little confusing on the page at first, but they do have the math right. Just get the updater up and running and choose the 2.4.2 from the list. Don't forget to back up your presets first!

k

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.