Timefactor Tap Tempo Problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor Tap Tempo Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      onurbek
      Participant

Hello everybody. I have a disappointing problem with my Timefactor.

The unit does not respond to tap tempo signals properly. I recently updated the software, but it still does not respond to tap tempo signals both from the on board switch and from an aux switch. It does respond by flashing the little tempo led according to the tapped tempo and does change the delay time in milliseconds, however it won't change the tempo in 'note terms' (1/4, 1/8, 1/32 etc). It used to work normally, but the current situation is of a big problem for me.

What do you suggest? Thanks in advance.

madmac
      Participant

I would try pushing the encoder button.  It sounds like you have switched off the tempo mode.  You can either have it display in ms or subdivision note values i.e. 1/8, 1/4 ect

onurbek
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. But I know… Of course I tried that.

The thing is, when I'm in the tempo mode the tap tempo switches send the tempo signal but my Timefactor does not respond by changing the tempo in BPM terms. In other words, say the unit is in the tempo mode and the current tempo is 120 BPM as indicated on the display. I tap a tempo of 80 BPM, the little tempo led flashes in 80 BPM while I am tapping the tempo, but the unit does not change the tempo to 80 BPM and the little led keeps flashing at 120 BPM again.

However, it does change the tempo in milliseconds when I am not in the tempo mode.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

onurbek:

I tap a tempo of 80 BPM, the little tempo led flashes in 80 BPM while I am tapping the tempo, but the unit does not change the tempo to 80 BPM and the little led keeps flashing at 120 BPM again.

At what point does the little led change back to 120 BPM ? If this is when youn next load a preset you need to check the Preset/Global tempo setting – see User Manual.

onurbek
      Participant

Thanks. The little led changes back to 120 BPM as soon as I stop tapping the tempo. So it is not when I load another preset. I appreciate your answers, but believe me I know how to use the unit and there is something wrong in the unit. I checked myself for human error again and again in different days, I am pretty sure I am not missing something because of not knowing how to use the thing or my mind being busy/sleepy etc  ðŸ™‚ I am puzzled

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Do you have a MIDIclock connected ? Try disconnecting all MIDI/USB cables (if any) and see if it makes a difference. Also, make sure MIDIclock in is not enabled on the MIDI system menu – if it is, it may overrule the Tap.

I really can't think of anything the unit would do which would have the results you describe, so am disinclined to think it is a fault. But, anything is possible – let's just rule out other things first.

onurbek
      Participant

Thank you very much nickrose! 😀 I realized that MIDIclock was enabled somehow and I never knew it was there 🙂 As you said, it was overruling the tap. Problem is solved now.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.