I've been using a TimeFactor for almost two years now and had something very strange happen the other night during a live performance. I always use the TimeFactor with MIDI CLOCK IN turned on to synch the delay times up to the other gear I use; halfway through a live set, the MIDI CLOCK reception just stopped dead. I tried powering up again, but with no luck. I had to tap tempo for the rest of my set, but when I got home I explored further, and still can't locate the cause. I tried switching MIDI cables to rule out that as a cause. I went into System Mode to make sure MIDI IN was enabled –it was. I restored factory settings to see if that would help — it didn't.
So to recap: I have a good MIDI cable running IN, the MIDI clock source is confirmed to be working OK, the TimeFactor is MIDI IN enabled (and receive channels is set to OMNI), but I still can't get any MIDI recognition on the TimeFactor; delay times remain only what they are set to manually.