Timefactor turns on and off on its own (mystery impossible to solve)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Timefactor turns on and off on its own (mystery impossible to solve)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      caiohelou
      Participant
      Guys, please help me

I made a 1 minute video demonstrating the problem: https://youtu.be/IM66HDD-4Jo

I started having this problem with my timefactor about 2 months ago, I’ve had it for over a year.

I caught a technician twice, the first time the timefactor was crazy, changing the settings by itself, that was solved!

After a while, he started turning it on and off, so I returned it to the technician, he checked and it worked fine for a few days, right after this problem came back.

My powesupply is original from Eventide

I don’t know what else to do, help?

I’m in Brazil, there is no Eventide technical assistance here, so I need to get help from other pedal brands

Thank you

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm afraid that it looks like some kind of power supply problem.

1) The pedal turning on and off is obviously wrong.

2) Hitting a button and going into UPDATE mode is what it should do. At this point other keys will have no effect.

3) Is the same as (1).

4) Is really the same as (1).

So, either your power suppy unit is no good, or your AC mains is no good.

First, try and connect it to the AC mains (don't know the local term) somewhere really good, like a modern big building.

If you get the same problem, try a different power supply. Either send yours back to Eventide for replacement or buy one from the Eventide Store (probably cheaper and easier).

If still no good, it has to be a hardware fault in your unit. If it is still under warranty, you might just want to send it back.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should contact support@eventide.com with full information to explore your options. My guess is that sending it in to be repaired is the most likely.

caiohelou
      Participant
      Hi Nick,

I hit the update button, but if I hold any other button while it turns on, it stays on, and if I release the button it turns off, so it made me think it couldn’t be a power supply problem, otherwise it would have to hang up anyway isn’t it?

I’m going out to play with my pedalboard this week, so I’ll test it in different places, if it doesn’t work, I’ll look for a new power supply, so I believe next week I can answer you if these things worked out or not

This pedal is no longer under warranty, do you think I can send it back to Eventide and get a new one for a smaller price?

nickrose wrote:

I’m afraid that it looks like some kind of power supply problem.

1) The pedal turning on and off is obviously wrong.

2) Hitting a button and going into UPDATE mode is what it should do. At this point other keys will have no effect.

3) Is the same as (1).

4) Is really the same as (1).

So, either your power suppy unit is no good, or your AC mains is no good.

First, try and connect it to the AC mains (don’t know the local term) somewhere really good, like a modern big building.

If you get the same problem, try a different power supply. Either send yours back to Eventide for replacement or buy one from the Eventide Store (probably cheaper and easier).

If still no good, it has to be a hardware fault in your unit. If it is still under warranty, you might just want to send it back.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.